PG Music Home
Posted By: Philmius Melodist files missing - 08/11/19 11:12 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to have Melodist create chords and melody but in the dialog box "styles similar to", every style above 120 gives me an error message saying the ST2 file is not found and I should re-install my Soloist disk.

I have the 2018 PlusPAK and every real tracks are installed, so I should have Melodist styles 121 through 217, right? I still have all my installers, what did I miss?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Melodist files missing - 08/11/19 02:33 PM
The Plus PAK adds only the files that are new that year (in your case 2018).

The 2018 Plus Pak assumes you already have all the content that is the equivalent of the 2017 UltraPlus PAK (which is the midi SuperTracks, RealTracks, loops and styles released on or before 2017) and just need the content new for the 2018 release of the UltraPlus PAK.

You may want to chat or talk with PG Music Sales but you can also look at your online account to verify you have the equivalent of the 2017 UltraPlus PAK. If you started, as I did, with either the Pro or Mega PAK then at some point in 2017 or before you had to upgrade the the UltraPlus PAK or Audiophile Edition to have all the 2017 and before content.
Posted By: Philmius Re: Melodist files missing - 08/11/19 09:24 PM
Thanks, I think I should then find the missing files on my older Mac which has a couple of years of installs on the main drive.

I only checked that I had all of the real tracks when I moved to a new Mac and installed the app from the new installer. I might find some more missing stuff wink

Thanks for clearing that up!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Melodist files missing - 08/13/19 04:36 PM
The UltraPlus PAKs ship on an external USB hard drive. If you can find the last UltraPlus PAK hard drive you received you can copy files from the hard drive and paste to your current Band-in-a-Box installation. Of course you could also bypass your current installation and run Band-in-a-Box direct from the hard drive but that could get confusing.

I'd attach the hard drive and then use the operating system file explorer to compare the folders on the external hard drive against your current installation. Any folder that's on the external hard drive but isn't on your current drive I'd copy to the current drive. Then your current program installation will be complete.

Band-in-a-Box is one of the few programs that will let you copy and paste folders and files instead of installing them. Might as well take advantage of the feature.
© PG Music Forums