PG Music Home
Posted By: Rockdoc326 Add BIAB to new Mac - 09/01/19 08:42 PM
Hi Folks,
I've been using BIAB for Mac since 2014 with my purchase of the Ultra Pak, which is currently on the external drive that I ordered with the program.
Since then, I've upgraded yearly with the Plus pack, also placing each new version on the external drive.
Since I'm running out of HD space on my MacBook Pro (250 GB initially on the drive, but down to about 25 GB with Logic, Izotope programs and a number of instruments and effects from different sources, I bit the bullet and bought an iMac i5 9th gen with a 2 TB HD, and still plan to use the MacBook in portable and travel situations.
Question: In adding BIAB to the iMac, how should I install? I'd like to put the entire program on the HD, but do I start with the 2014 Ultra Pak, or will a later version that I purchased cover everything if I install that version instead (i.e., 2018 Plus pack)?
Seems like a simple question, but I want to do it right the first time. Help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Chuck
Posted By: w Re: Add BIAB to new Mac - 09/03/19 11:18 AM
Originally Posted By: Rockdoc326
Hi Folks,
I've been using BIAB for Mac since 2014 with my purchase of the Ultra Pak, which is currently on the external drive that I ordered with the program.
Since then, I've upgraded yearly with the Plus pack, also placing each new version on the external drive.
Since I'm running out of HD space on my MacBook Pro (250 GB initially on the drive, but down to about 25 GB with Logic, Izotope programs and a number of instruments and effects from different sources, I bit the bullet and bought an iMac i5 9th gen with a 2 TB HD, and still plan to use the MacBook in portable and travel situations.
Question: In adding BIAB to the iMac, how should I install? I'd like to put the entire program on the HD, but do I start with the 2014 Ultra Pak, or will a later version that I purchased cover everything if I install that version instead (i.e., 2018 Plus pack)?
Seems like a simple question, but I want to do it right the first time. Help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Chuck

Congratulations on your purchase of your iMac i5 9th gen with a 2 TB HD .

Personally speaking i would purchase the most recent Audiophile ( USB ) version of Mac Band .

I'm sure that the Mac Band gurus will be along shortly and no doubt offer you far better advice .

Good luck on your decision and of course happy Mac Banding .
© PG Music Forums