PG Music Home
Posted By: TRYUK IK Multimedia apps - 09/23/19 03:50 AM
I notice that the IK Multimedia apps in BiaB 2019 are all 32 bit. So far I cannot find 64 bit versions on the IK web site. I noticed that some Real styles use Amplitube, will these styles cease to work if there is no update to 64 bit by IK Multimedia?

Edit: Amplitube 4 is 64 bit, for some reason I thought it was a paid app, but its not. That works fine, Custom shop and the authorisation manager still show up as 32 bit though.

Edit 2: IK Multimedia confirmed that these and other apps will be updated shortly.

Tim.
Posted By: Robert Wood Re: IK Multimedia apps - 09/26/19 09:27 PM
Originally Posted By: TRYUK
Amplitube 4 is 64 bit, for some reason I thought it was a paid app, but its not.

Are you sure it's not a paid app? It is listed at 150 Euros on their website... ??
Posted By: JayO Re: IK Multimedia apps - 09/26/19 10:09 PM
Hey Robert,
As far as I remember, the basic version of Amplitube has historically been free, and it comes with a very basic and limited selection of amps.
The paid version it the same as the basic, except it includes all the content and amp models.

This is IK's marketing strategy, get you in with a free version, then tempt/hound you to buy the full content. grin
Then you have everything for a while, until they come out with something new, and the tempting/hounding starts all over again. wink

However, the basic free version is perfectly useable without buying the additional content/ amp models, and works well with BIAB.

Hopefully this helps.

EDIT: Found the link for the basic free version : https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitubecs/?pkey=amplitube-custom-shop

- Jay
Posted By: TRYUK Re: IK Multimedia apps - 09/27/19 03:44 AM
Hi Robert, Jayo is correct in that Custom shop V4.9.0 will install the Free version of Amplitube 4. I already had Custom shop as part of the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 I purchased. I'm sure that it is Free though.

Tim.
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: IK Multimedia apps - 09/28/19 11:51 PM
IK Custom Shop anything is the free version. It's a player and has a few free VIs/Effects etc. depending on the product.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/index.php?R=INIT&FV=free-software-related-products&CV=Other%20Filter&PSEL=freesoftware

I don't see SampleTank Custom Shop anymore. I think that ended with version 3. Too bad because it has a nice mono piano VI. I have a ton of piano VIs and a Bösendorfer in the living room so that ain't the issue but I still use that freebie in commercial beds — sits nicely in a mix under a voice-over.
Posted By: TRYUK Re: IK Multimedia apps - 10/25/19 05:47 AM
I noticed yesterday on the IK Multimedia page that they have released some new versions of apps.

"[i]We have provided compatible updates to the following programs in your IK User Area: AXE I/O Control Panel 1.1b, Custom Shop 1.9, and Authorization Manager 1.0.27[/i]."

I installed Custom Shop 1.9 and Authorisation Manager 1.0.27 on to my iMac Mojave 10.14.6. Now in System report there are only 3 32 bit apps, AudioChordWizard which I know is now built in to the Main BiaB app so redundant and 2 Apple apps which I know where updated when I installed Catalina on my MacBook Air.

I also replaced Amplitube 3 with Amplitube 4 some time ago and it worked fine.

When I launch BiaB I get an error message Registry Error, Please ensure this product has been installed properly. This I know to be an IK Multimedia message from past experience. Selecting a style that uses Amplitube I get the error again but everything plays fine, no hiss, it just seems normal.

So I guess my question would be, is it now safe to upgrade to Catalina?

EDIT: I answered my own question, Amplitube 3 is not compatible as I knew, and the 64 bit Amplitube 4 is not compatible either.
© PG Music Forums