PG Music Home
Posted By: Froi BIAB UltraPAK 2019 mac - 09/24/19 11:52 PM
I have already successfully installed my upgrade from 2018 to 2019. Problem is, when I audition styles, there is no sound at all. But when I play my existing projects, there is sound. What should I do or check?
Posted By: Froi Re: BIAB UltraPAK 2019 mac - 09/25/19 12:39 AM
This is what I noticed now: When the style being auditioned is in /Applications/Band-in-a-Box/RealTracks/Data/Style Demos, I don't hear any sound. When it's from http://demos.pgmusic/audio/allstyledemos2, there is sound and even if I go offline, it still plays.
Posted By: Froi Re: BIAB UltraPAK 2019 mac - 09/25/19 12:41 AM
I also saw a tip in the yellow status box saying "Tip: Press > button to toggle between MIDI and Realdrums". But I can't find any ">" button at the current window.
Posted By: w Re: BIAB UltraPAK 2019 mac - 09/25/19 01:44 PM
hope i understood your question/problem

refer to my screen shots

on the other hand there will be other Mac gurus along shortly to provide you with a better explanation

( show volume in menu bar means show volume - that small speaker icon - in the the apple menu bar )

well that what works for me

Attached picture Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 10.38.25 AM.png
Attached picture Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 10.38.40 AM.png
Attached picture Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 10.38.59 AM.png
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: BIAB UltraPAK 2019 mac - 09/25/19 02:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Froi
This is what I noticed now: When the style being auditioned is in /Applications/Band-in-a-Box/RealTracks/Data/Style Demos, I don't hear any sound. When it's from http://demos.pgmusic/audio/allstyledemos2, there is sound and even if I go offline, it still plays.

That's strange. When this happens (no sound), do you see the little time indicator moving from left to right, or is nothing happening at all.

The ">" button only appears next to the Play/Stop controls when auditioning a MIDI style, since it toggles between an audio demo with MIDI drums and one using RealDrums.
Posted By: Froi Re: BIAB UltraPAK 2019 mac - 09/26/19 10:45 PM
Originally Posted By: w
hope i understood your question/problem

refer to my screen shots

on the other hand there will be other Mac gurus along shortly to provide you with a better explanation

( show volume in menu bar means show volume - that small speaker icon - in the the apple menu bar )

well that what works for me

I have all the audio setup correctly and the volume controls at the right level. Even when I play my existing projects, no problem with the audio.

Thanks
Posted By: Froi Re: BIAB UltraPAK 2019 mac - 09/26/19 10:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
That's strange. When this happens (no sound), do you see the little time indicator moving from left to right, or is nothing happening at all.

The slider does not move.

I also noticed that the folder icon before the speaker icon is disabled. This could be the reason. But I don't know how to enable it.
Posted By: JayO Re: BIAB UltraPAK 2019 mac - 09/26/19 11:06 PM
This might be kind of a longshot, but if you hilight the "/Applications/Band-in-a-Box/RealTracks/Data/Style Demos Audio" folder in the Finder and do "Get Info..." on it, what are the permissions set to ?

I have had problems in the past with permissions on the audio folders preventing me from playing the audio.
I will include a screenshot of mine below, and you will note that I have given my account read/write access to the folder.

If you are willing to try, it is easy enough to add your account to the folder with read/write access, then click the gear icon and select "apply to enclosed items".

That has fixed similar problems for me in the past.
Hopefully this helps.

- Jay

Attached picture Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 9.59.06 PM.png
Posted By: Froi Re: BIAB UltraPAK 2019 mac - 09/26/19 11:18 PM
Hi JayO,

I checked that in the past and all rights are okay.

I think I solved the problem already. I just reinstalled the MIDI & Audio Plugins again and it seems to work. I'll observed further. But for now, I think it's already okay.

Thanks!
Posted By: JayO Re: BIAB UltraPAK 2019 mac - 09/26/19 11:26 PM
Awesome !
Great news !

- Jay
© PG Music Forums