PG Music Home
After upgrading to Mac 2019 version build 306 , the hold function now responds as a shot. Shots and rests still respond as they should.
Running program on MacBook Pro High Sierra. 16 gb ram. Never had that problem with the 2018 version. Has anyone else had a similar problem. Tried reloading the new version and rebooting etc. No change. There is a library file. Even previously composed songs do not hold on playback.
hi ched. yes i have the same issue. i have sierra. PLUS the same files are ignored in the plugin. the usual red lettering doesn't show. not happy at all. a lot of money wasted if there are show stopper like this. slowing my workflow to a crawl.
Quote:
the hold function now responds as a shot. Shots and rests still respond as they should.

Are you sure the tracks aren't frozen, and have been re-generated? Just to confirm, this is with Band-in-a-Box.app desktop program, not the DAW plugin, correct? Is there a specific RealTracks instrument that is doing this?
Tracks aren’t frozen. The red chord symbols are still present in my program , unlike Robbo’s . Tried deleting files from the preferences folder as per PG support suggested but still no success. I see your mention of the daw plugin. The problem with holds not working is when I’m using the biab program.
Prior to the holds not working I did use the plugin with GarageBand and Logic Pro. I found that the plugin was not responding well. I had trouble loading in completed songs. The program would stall and then half an hour later the song I had tried to open would suddenly open while working on something else in GB/Logic. Could this problem I’m having with the holds be related to a bug in the daw plugin? This is the first problem I’ve had with biab. Purchased 2018 Ultra Pak approx a year ago. Everything worked perfect up until 2019 update.
Same here with the workflow problem. I think there may be something glitchy with Daw plugin. Tried to load biab song file(s) in and basically the program (Logic and GB) would stall. Half an hour later I’d be working on something else and the song file I had been trying to load into LP or GB would appear.
hi andrew.
there are no longs in the stops. everything stops on the downbeat = no sustain. show stopper.

the rendering time? in the main app, it is fast, as i use an SSD.
in the logic plug, it takes 4 times as long to render the same tune.

if i customize a style by substituting say, another bass (on the bass track)
, then save it. (main app)
then open the plugin in logic, and load the same tune, the bass has N/A at the start and the original bass from the style's name, not the substituted one.
the trk does play the new bass and renders it, but it still has the original name!!!!
when dragged onto a logic trk, the name remains the original one.
if i want the trace this file for future reference i have to open the main app again where it shows this sub correctly.
both BiaB versions need a "reveal in finder" function, where one can see the files origin folder.
i'm wasting a lot of time on this. if you want a beta tester, then i'm up for it.
i haven't been able to complete any projects since all this started happening.
thx. j.

Hello Ched,

Please create a short song (say 10 bars) that demonstrates this problem you are having (holds not working in the main Band-in-a-Box program), render the song to m4a and send us both the Band-in-a-Box song file and the .m4a audio file. Either a link or as an attachment would work.
> the rendering time? in the main app, it is fast, as i use an SSD.
in the logic plug, it takes 4 times as long to render the same tune.

Rendering is faster in the plugin than the main program. Remember, rendering is generating the entire song, and writing WAV files. The main program doesn’t do that when you press play. It does that when you drag the master radio button to drop station.
Andrew..thank you for your attention to this matter. I have forwarded an email to PG support with the requested attachments. Further , I tried using the DAW plugin in Logic today. Loaded in a style. Attempted to generate tracks. Screen message said tracks successfully generated. Tracks were not generated. Track area remained blank. Don't know if this is related to the Holds problem or not. I unchecked the DAW plugin in the AU manager in Logic , quit the program and opened BIAB. Holds still not working.
Thanks for doing that. Can you please check your messages (flashing mailbox My Stuff -> messages)?
hi andrew. i finally located a video i did in 32bit BB where the holds are correct.
i just did another tonight on 32bit BB where they are incorrect. same tune - no change to the style. i cannot attach here as they are 10Mbs each. i can upload to DropBox, or YouTube/my channel. can then send you the URLs. best. j.
here are the YT URLs.
https://youtu.be/giHbZP1n0MA true

https://youtu.be/r9B5TgTrbsA false

thx.
and thx for fixing the AU plug updater.

j.
Originally Posted By: robbo
hi andrew. i finally located a video i did in 32bit BB where the holds are correct.
i just did another tonight on 32bit BB where they are incorrect. same tune - no change to the style. i cannot attach here as they are 10Mbs each. i can upload to DropBox, or YouTube/my channel. can then send you the URLs. best. j.

Hello Robbo,

The original poster's problem was caused by some missing Holds files in a custom RealTracks folder and has been resolved. I'm not sure if your problem is the same, but what style is that in the video, and where are you running Band-in-a-Box 2019 from / how do you have it installed?
© PG Music Forums