PG Music Home
i'm NOT having compatibility issues with 2019 and in a box

https://cdm.link/2019/09/macos-catalina-will-be-incompatible-with-much-of-your-music-software-heres-what-to-know/
It's a pretty good article but I find it best to ignore those lists till the next OS is out and the developers have finished catching up.

For me, only my laptop is getting Catalina next week. Anyone who remembers the Yosemite release and all of the USB problems... that took months to resolve but it happened.

Unfortunately, dropping 32 bit code is going to force a lot of paid upgrades and make unsupported apps incompatible. We've been through it all before.
Mike,
Thanks for the links.

Just for clarity for people reading this:

-Band-in- a-Box 2019 for Mac is 64-bit. It is compatible and runs well on Catalina (and legacy OS down to/including Snow Leopard). If running Catalina, you’d need to have version 2019 of Band-in-a-Box.

- earlier versions of Band-in-a-Box for Mac (2018 or earlier) are 32 bit. These are not compatible with Catalina (10.15) so you shouldn’t upgrade to Catalina if you’re sticking with an older version of Band-in-a-Box.

- Files associated with Band-in-a-Box (songs, styles, RealTracks, RealDrums etc.) are not affected by this and will work with 32 or 64 bit OS or Band-in-a-Box version.
Hopefully PG music is ON THIS.. as I will be upgrading...

Hell maybe BIAB will get better... today it was crashing 60% of the time I was opening a new song... ugggg..
Not sure what you are referring to Yendog, but there is no issue with opening songs on any OS, including Catalina. If you are experiencing an issue, please post it in a separate thread in the BiaB Mac Forum, or contact support. The usual cause of something crashing on loading would be a corrupted song file.
© PG Music Forums