PG Music Home
Posted By: HopelessRomantic Opening a preexisting song in VST - 10/05/19 12:37 AM
I couldn't find an answer to this question in any of the material online --

The VST tutorials emphasize generating and writing tracks in the VST. I want to write my tracks in BIAB and then open them in the VST as completed songs. I want to make sure I can do this before purchasing.

So in other words, can I click on the "open song" field in the VST and open any song I have in BIAB format?
Yes, you can open Band-in-a-Box song files into the DAW VST/AU/AAX plugin.
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: Opening a preexisting song in VST - 10/08/19 02:23 AM
Originally Posted By: HopelessRomantic

So in other words, can I click on the "open song" field in the VST and open any song I have in BIAB format?
There's two ways to look at the question.

Quote:
Yes, you can open Band-in-a-Box song files into the DAW VST/AU/AAX plugin.

The BIAB song will open in the format of your DAW.

If you're like I, that's where the process begins. I bought BIAB to save time: Do the basics in BIAB, export as a combination of Real Tracks and MIDI or MusicXML, open in Digital Performer(MIDI) or Logic (.xml) and go from there. Paid for itself many times over in hours saved.

I am looking at this to allow me to get projects closer to completion before I port over where I add vocals and additional sweetening — haven't done a project yet but am having fun exploring the possibilities.

Counting BIAB Audiophile, I have a bit over 3TB in VIs and effects libraries that I use. I'll have to write a short piece on why I never deliver a project done completely in BIAB. It has nothing to do with the app, ease of use or the quality of its sounds (excellent in the Audiophile version).

Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Opening a preexisting song in VST - 10/08/19 02:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran
snip ... I'll have to write a short piece on why I never deliver a project done completely in BIAB. It has nothing to do with the app, ease of use or the quality of its sounds (excellent in the Audiophile version).

I'm sure this will be an interesting and enlightened read, even for us Windows users. I'm looking forward to you publishing the "short piece" Mike! I've got the feeling the topic would generate much discussion and I will learn a lot about audio production.
© PG Music Forums