PG Music Home
Mac OS X 10.15 Catalina released here https://www.apple.com/macos/catalina/

Band-in-a-Box 2019 is 64 bit, and Catalina compatible.

Any Band-in-a-Box versions 2018 or earlier are 32 bit, and won't run on Catalina (since Catalina only runs 64 bit app).

Catalina features like Sidecar (extra monitor using iPad or AppleTV) work well with Band-in-a-Box 2019. Band-in-a-Box 2019 runs great on Catalina and there are no known Catalina/Band-in-a-Box issues.

Many of us are currently inundated with warnings from major plugin companies to avoid Catalina until further notice.
And as many of these products are 64 bit I suspect their installers may not be.

So thanks again for BiaB being ready for Catalina!

Bud
T
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Now if only the plugin manufactures would have taken the proactive approach as PG Music did.

Many of us are currently inundated with warnings from major plugin companies to avoid Catalina until further notice.

Testing a lot of that now.
Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran
T
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Now if only the plugin manufactures would have taken the proactive approach as PG Music did.

Testing a lot of that now.

If you use any Waves orI Izotope products we would much like to know the outcome. When I check for 64 bit incompatility via GO64 I find that the plugins are good but not the installers. But from what i've read there are security issues also.

Thanks,

Bud
My plugs that use iLok authorization are fine.

Those iZotope plugs from recent years are 32/64 or 64 only and have been fine no matter if authorized to the computer or iLok.

A good rule of thumb is that, if Logic was passing it in Mojave, then it's good in Catalina. Logic does not support VST, however.

I gave up on Waves years ago though I do have a few still. The Waves license manager isn't behaving for me but I haven't tried to trouble-shoot.
Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran

A good rule of thumb is that, if Logic was passing it in Mojave, then it's good in Catalina. Logic does not support VST, however.

Why don’t we take this discussion to the test forum - guess I’m guilty of hijacking Dr. Gannon’s thread. Apologies!

But your comment does beg the question of why Izotope issues such stern warnings. Guess it’ll be a long wait for me as Waves LinMB is a go to for my mastering.

Bud
© PG Music Forums