PG Music Home
Posted By: Roger Brown BIAB Crashing [Resolved] - 10/08/19 04:45 PM
Tech info up front.... I'm using the '19 Mac audiophile version of BIAB (build 308), running Mojave version 10.14.6

I've had several things update all at once, including BIAB and Mojave, so I'm not sure what caused this particular bug, but here goes:

I created a song using a RealTrack style (Bronco EV-8 Mandola Country Folk). I wanted to add another instrument to the default choices (pedal steel), so I used the "Select Best 'All' RealTracks" option, like I've done dozens and dozens of times before.

Now, unfortunately, when I click on one of the options to audition it, the program crashes. It doesn't seem to happen with every instrument or RealTrack, but with certain ones it happens consistently (#2541 Pedal Steel, Background ModernPopCountry EV110 Eddy Dunlap - 100% of the time this one crashes the program). As I said however, it isn't every realtrack....random ones cause the program to crash.

A friend of mine who owns the same version that I do came over this morning, and his program crashed as well....so this is not specific to my computer.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: BIAB Crashing - 10/08/19 08:34 PM
Roger,
We will see if we can duplicate that.
Posted By: Roger Brown Re: BIAB Crashing - 10/08/19 08:37 PM
Thanks Peter,

If it would be helpful, I can copy and paste the crash report that my computer automatically generates whenever a program crashes....it's Greek to me but it might be of some use to your team. Let me know, I'll be glad to replicate the crash and send along the error message.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: BIAB Crashing - 10/08/19 10:30 PM
We can duplicate that issue and it will be fixed in the next patch. No need to send the report.
Posted By: SaxUtopia Re: BIAB Crashing - 11/27/19 01:15 PM
I have had maybe 6 crashes in two days, I was hoping for a much better experience. My iMac spec is good so I am not sure what to do.
Posted By: SaxUtopia Re: BIAB Crashing - 11/27/19 01:18 PM
I have only just purchased this. Installed yesterday. Crashes are usually when I click on an item although one appeared to crash without user interraction.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: BIAB Crashing - 11/27/19 03:04 PM
Hello Saxutopia,

Sorry to hear about that. The post that you replied to was in reference to a bug in an earlier build that was resolved a while back. The problem you're having is probably different, and there isn't currently enough information to determine what's going on. Next time it happens, take note of specifically when it happened (e.g "I selected style x then clicked on button y and, z happened) and start a new thread with this information.
Posted By: SaxUtopia Re: BIAB Crashing - 11/27/19 07:47 PM
Thanks Andrew,
Will do! I will post to a new thread as I can see that this one is resolved.
© PG Music Forums