PG Music Home
Hey everyone,

I have upgraded to 2019 via the PlusPak. Super excited to try out 64 bit BIAB.

However, I am having problems...

I got a new macbook last year and in order to save space installed all the real tracks via the 2018 installers onto a separate HD. Meaning that the BIAB on the laptop is only taking up 20GB.

All the realtracks installed from 2018 are on an HD, in a folder called [biab-realtracks]

When I try and install the new real tracks sets via clicking on the 'Install on a specific disk' and then onto my external HD with all the realtracks on I get this message...

"RealTracks can't be installed on this disk. You don't have Band In a Box 2009 or higher installed in the '/Applications/Band-in-a-box-folder. Please install Band-in-a-box first"

I guess one way around this would be installing all of the new ones onto my laptop first. And then copying the files back across to my HD.

However, I think this seems a little hacky and I am unsure of the folder structure.

Currently on my External HD inside the folder [biab-realtracks]
I have to two folders [Drums] and [RealTracks]

Whereas on my Mac in Applications/BandInABox Folder there are Numerous folders that potentially store realtracks/drums.

FWIW I did install the 2019bonusPak realtracks to my laptop HD. So there are some RealTracks stored here.

Inside the folder [RealTracks] I have a different directory structure than the external HD folder.

So any ideas to what I should do ???

FWIW I seem to remember around 2012 installing the whole BIAB app on an external drive. Realtracks, app and all and it working without any issues. If this is a potential solution I would be tempted to do a clean install of BIAB with everything on a separate drive but seem to remember being told that it wouldn't work...

I would try it but it's a lot of messing around if it doesn't work.
When I did this I installed the plugins etc on to my iMac HD and then all the main BiaB app etc and real tracks etc to an external SSD.

The file structure on my SSD is Applications/Band-in-a-box/ inside this folder are 28 sub folders and the 2 Biab apps.

I hope this might shed a little light on your structure.
Easy. Run the installers for everything onto your System Drive.

Copy the RT and Drums folders over to your external.

Open BIAB. From the Window menu, scroll down to Real Tracks Settings and Real Drums settings, select the external.

Now empty the RT and Drums folders on your system drive — do nor remove the folders. This way, if a future update or Pack installs something into those folders, you can copy those files to your external.
© PG Music Forums