PG Music Home
Have some questions about the installation and setup of your new Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac? Head to our latest support page, Band-in-a-Box for Mac - Installation and Setup FAQ, where we answer the 20 most common questions.

Of course, you can also contact us directly! www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Some of the questions we answer include:

Can I install Band-in-a-Box on Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina) or higher?
Band-in-a-Box 2019 and higher. Yes, Band-in-a-Box is a 64-bit application, so you can install and run it on Catalina.

Band-in-a-Box 2018 and earlier. Earlier versions of Band-in-a-Box are 32-bit and will not run on Mac OS 10.15 or higher which is a 64-bit only OS. You need to upgrade to Band-in-a-Box 2019. However, note that the Band-in-a-Box content you have from earlier version will work fine - styles, RealTracks, Drums, demos, etc. - it is only the application that is incompatible. In addition, the Band-in-a-Box installer package will run on Catalina. This means that you can install an earlier Band-in-a-Box package on Catalina (with all your existing content) and then upgrade it to the latest 64-bit Band-in-a-Box. You just won't be able to run the Band-in-a-Box application until you upgrade.

How do I install Band-in-a-Box on an external hard drive?
Band-in-a-Box is installed to the /Applications/Band-in-a-Box folder on the volume (disk) that you select in the installer. By default, Band-in-a-Box is installed on your Mac's internal hard drive. However, it can be installed on any disk that has sufficient space. You choose the disk on the Destination Select screen of the installer.

Note that usually the Installer application sometimes skips this screen (Installer.app is the application on your Mac that installs packages) and so you need to click the [Change Install Location] button.

I ordered an upgrade from a previous version - should I remove the previous version prior to installing the new version?

No, this is rarely beneficial. You should just install the new version right "over top" of your previous one. The new version is compatible with the existing content you have. If your new version is a Band-in-a-Box hard drive and you'll be running the program from the hard drive, then it already includes the previous content, with the exception of extra addons you may have purchased in the past, like Xtra Styles. For Xtra Styles, you should install them onto your new hard drive; they can be downloaded again if need be, from your PG Music account.

See the full list here.
© PG Music Forums