PG Music Home
Posted By: jemc RealBand NOT available for MAC ??? - 11/03/19 03:09 PM
RealBand NOT available for MAC ???
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: RealBand NOT available for MAC ??? - 11/03/19 08:30 PM
No it never has been. RB is based on Powertracks which is and was a PC DAW. From what I’ve heard it is not going to be developed anytime soon for Mac if ever.
Posted By: jemc Re: RealBand NOT available for MAC ??? - 11/03/19 09:58 PM
I'm disappointed ! I have BIAB for Windows and use REALBAND to fine tune my recordings. Would like to take a REALBAND project and add additional tracks at studio that uses MAC. . Have tried saving tracks as .wav and putting into Pro Tools(at studio) but it not the same as using REALBAND. Seems like some of the tracks don't work out exactly the same as they do in REALBAND. Thanks for responding ! JE
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: RealBand NOT available for MAC ??? - 11/03/19 10:47 PM
if you save the tracks as individual waves they should sound exactly the same in protools. they might not have the effects on them unless you save this with destructive effects. once in protools then do the mixing and add effects.
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: RealBand NOT available for MAC ??? - 11/05/19 12:12 AM
There are a number of workarounds including the DAW plugin in BIAB 2019—this overcomes the track limitation. There's a learning curve and a few things to still be worked out but I think this has much greater potential going forward than RealBand.

You can also export your project as MIDI or MusicXML (not all DAWs support xml in) for import into a DAW. Add the Real or Audiophile tracks from BIAB. If you have 3rd party VI libraries, this gives you a lot of flexibility. I've been doing this since the beginning but am moving towards the plugin.
© PG Music Forums