PG Music Home
Will band in a box 32 bit run on Mojave? And if I run it will it mess up the 64bit installation?

I need saveas Video feature I want this for my students
I have just read that 64bit doesn't support this feature yet, will it take long before it's available?
TIA

Yes, Band-in-a-Box 32-bit will run fine on Mojave and will not mess up the 64-bit 2019 version. You can run one without affecting the other.

Also, there IS a pre-release build that supports the video features.
https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2019_mac_update_build316.pkg

For people that have really old OS's such as Snow Leopard or Lion, you should not install build 316 at this time.

If you do have any trouble with this build, you can always get the previous build from the Band-in-a-Box --> Data -> Backup folder. Unzip and copy it back to the main Band-in-a-Box folder.
Downloading now...
Installed with no errors.
I'll continue the learning curve...

Many thanks for the quick reply Andrew, I'll report back any thing that may be of use.

Thanks again.
video output worked fine! Thanks
observations...

2nd time I recorded a video I rushed exiting BIAB so pressed Red X on the BIAB main window without closing the Video "setup recording" window which remains open - possibly to allow me to jump to the file just created. BIAB then appeared to freeze before closing without any error prompts displaying, there was no crash log created so I assume something timed out before it closed.
A little thing but I have not got used to closing the popups I normally user the Red X exit button. To be fair I haven't thought about how many other pop ups close with this workflow but I"m guessing most as it feels a little unusual.
Otherwise Hunky Dory!
I managed to get one successful Video out but then...
BIAB program now freezes and will not allow me to save as Video
I rebooted Mac but still not able to render video either with Video Icon on GUI
I thought it may be to do with resolution so have tried some of the "smaller" preset options but the programme still freezes.
The first file I which I successfully rendered still renders...
I am at a loss. I have spent all today trying options, please can you offer any guidance.
TIA
I have just opened a new track and downloaded load song demo for _offcuff.sty
this rendered ok once saved on to a new file.
I opened the track that won't render and downloaded the load _MISTNYC.sty song demo for that style it won't render. Is there a problem with the style?
I also created a new track with the _MISTNYC.sty style set and it won't render.

Hmm, I tested that specific style demo and all video rendering options are working in my testing.
Perhaps your video dialog is just getting hidden behind the main screen. There is a another Pre-release build available that you could try and t should prevent the dialog from getting hidden.
https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2019_mac_update_build317.pkg
© PG Music Forums