PG Music Home
Posted By: johne1 BIAB 2019 for Mac Crashes Destroyed OS - 12/04/19 08:24 PM
Multiple random crashes everyday and they only got worse after each Build Update. Yesterday's crashes left my MacBook Pro inoperable. Now I have an appointment at the Apple Store to get it back up running. MacOS Recovery could not fix the issue. I never had a single crash before I installed BIAB. This is the worst experience a new user can have. A paid app that apparently causes major damage to the file system, which renders the machine inoperable.

PG Music FIX the SERIOUS Bug(s)! This is really bad. Look at all the messages in here RE: Crashes!!

My MacBook Pro running High Sierra with 16GB of RAM has been running PreSonus Studio One Professional 4.5 and other software without incident.

BIAB rendered the machine unbootable in only 34 days of being installed.

I fear the Windows version is getting major attention while the Mac version is not?!
IF you are running High Sierra or later and IF you have Time Machine enabled and IF only have one OS on your system drive, you do not have to go to the Apple Store to restore your system to an earlier state within the last 24 hours.

Using APFS Snapshots, you can be up and running in a few minutes. If any of those three conditions are not met, it won't work.

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=64689

Did BIAB crash your system? I don't know but probably not. Can't test a crashed system, though.

I have had to use Snapshots many times over the last 18 months. I do audio restoration among other things and a corrupt header on a file can totally screw everything up as can a corrupted Launch Items file and so many other things.

Being able to restore completely in a couple minutes as opposed to many hours via a Time Machine restore ... when Time=Money, a waste of one is a waste of the other.
© PG Music Forums