PG Music Home
I have just this morning (very early indeed) purchased, downloaded and installed XtraStyles PAK 8 - after several goes at REBUILD none of the new styles are showing up in BB 2019 Mac Style Picker (fully up to date).

I have a full copy of the HD I received with BB 2019 Mac on it installed on my external Hard Drive - all BB updates are installed here too, everything has been working perfectly incl Xtra Styles PAKS 1-7 and Bonus PAKS. I have just installed XtraStyles PAK 8 on the same external drive but with no sign of the new styles in Style Picker after REBUILD - I then tried to install the XtraStyles PAK 8 on my internal MacBook Pro HD and did REBUILD again 3-4 times, still no new styles appearing in Style Picker??? Any help much appreciated!! Carl
Hello,

The Xtra Styles are there but are listed as #7 by accident. (You can see this if you sort by Date, they are the later ones) This is fixed here:
https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2019_mac_update_build317.pkg
Thank you Andrew for your prompt response - yes that fixed it and the XtraStyles 8 now appear correctly in Style Picker!
Frustratingly - none of the Country Styles audition properly in Style Picker, they just won't play!
All the Demo Songs load fine (incl Country)! Carl
Quote:
none of the Country Styles audition properly in Style Picker

Hmm, I don't see why that would be - the files all use the same encoding, so if some play on your system I would expect them all to play.

Are you able to play this one?
_OPNROAD
Normally in StylePicker I double click on any Style and it plays the chords of the demo song, jumping about from Style to Style has always worked perfectly - now, when double clicking ANY of the XtraStyles 8 "Country Styles", nothing happens! If I then click the 'Play' button down the bottom of the Style Picker while still on a Country Style and wait 15 seconds, a repeating C-chord is played in that Style, all other XtraStyles 8 behave normally - very strange?? Carl
Hi Carl,
Yes that is very strange. What OS do you have?

Edit: Also, just to clarify, there are two "play" buttons at the bottom of the StylePicker. One plays your current song (chordsheet) in the selected style, the other is a green Play icon that has the same function as double-clicking on a style - it plays a pre-made .m4a audio demo, either from the internet or from your local disk. I think you are talking about the pre-made demo.
OS Mojave 10.14.6 - MacBook Pro 2.7 Ghz i7, 16 Gb RAM, 1 Tb internal HD. Carl
Ok - we figured it out... please download the file from your account again and it should fix the problem. There were likely some local demos that were not installed correctly. This doesn't explain why internet auditioning isn't working on your system, but it does explain why there was a difference b/w Country and others.
Many thanks Andrew - will re-download and give that a go!
Have a great weekend, Carl
All working perfectly now Andrew!!
Best regards & thank you, C
Just downloaded update (build 317) and new EtraStyles PAK 8.
Now I can't play new styles demos in stylepicker ... also every old realtracks demos is out frown
Before update everything work's perfect.

MacBook Pro mid2012, Catalina 10.15.1, OS with Finnish language settings.

...Lasse...
Hi Lasse, sounds like you have the same problem I had - I suggest you start a new post to make sure Andrew sees it on Monday! My guess is that he will then update your XtraStyles 8 files on your account, just as he did for me!
I have everything back to normal now and all working perfectly!
Good luck, Carl
Just asking for greater certainty , are the " All Xtra Styles PAK 8 " that are on sale for $29.00 USA$ as of today not already included in the Mac Band-in-a-Box 2019 Audiophile ?
Hi 'w' - I can't speak on behalf of PG-Music, but as far as I can see the BB 2019 Audiophile Mac version does include the 2019 49-PAK but NOT the XtraStyles 8 PAK!! Best regards, C
So there is the Xtra styles pack 1 to 7 included in audiophile mac version but not the xtra style pack 8. that's it or not ?
thanks to confirm ! take care, phil
No Xtra styles are included in the audiophile or as part of any Band-in-a-Box package. They are a separate purchase.
© PG Music Forums