PG Music Home
Posted By: jeffyo melody / soloist question - 01/06/20 07:44 AM
Hi,
I am new to BIAB. I downloaded and installed the MAC version last night. I installed all the files. All seems to work except. When I try and generate a melody from within the melodist I get the following type of message.
"Meldixie.ST2 cannot be found .cannot write melody. ST2 files are melodist files. They must reside in your (home directory). If they aren’t there , reinstall your soloists disks." Yet I know for a fact that 1.5GB of soloist files have loaded onto my hard drive. Could you please help me to be able to call them up in the program.
Thanks
Geoff
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: melody / soloist question - 01/06/20 07:26 PM
Hello Geoff,

The Pro package does not have all the Melodists; it includes the first 120. There are additional Melodists that are only included in the MegaPAK and higher packages. Band-in-a-Box knows about all available Soloists and Melodists and it should normally show an N/A symbol beside Soloists or Melodists that are not present in the current installation. However that feature (the N/A) appears not to be working in the Melodist dialog - we will look into that.
Posted By: jeffyo Re: melody / soloist question - 01/07/20 12:13 PM
Thank you Andrew. I presume that when that particular bug is fixed it will be issued as an update.
cheers
Geoff
Posted By: The Don Re: melody / soloist question - 01/18/20 06:41 PM
Andrew ... I am new ... just bought the audiophile version ... but when I have a style loaded and generate a melodist track ... when I go to save it ... it becomes a PDF file ...it will not allow me to save it correctly when using "safe as" ... could you give me direction? ... I have tried over and over ...
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: melody / soloist question - 01/20/20 05:28 PM
I don't understand. When you go to save a file, does your Save dialog not look something like this (see image below)? Band-in-a-Box songs are usually .MGU or .SGU, not .PDF. Perhaps Band-in-a-Box songs are associated with your PDF program for some reason. Right-click on one of the song files in Finder and select Get Info. In the "Open With" section, choose Band-in-a-Box.app, then click the [Change All..] button.

Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: melody / soloist question - 01/21/20 10:25 PM
Originally Posted By: The Don
Andrew ... I am new ... just bought the audiophile version ... but when I have a style loaded and generate a melodist track ... when I go to save it ... it becomes a PDF file ...it will not allow me to save it correctly when using "safe as" ... could you give me direction? ... I have tried over and over ...
Hello The Don, Welcome to the forum and to Band-in-a-Box.

Your question will get more views and thus may receive a response by starting a new thread.

One way to export any track is to use the Drop Zone. Click and hold on the the track radio button then drag to the Drop Zone selection you want. The Drop Zone selection will turn green once the render is complete. Drop Zone files are stored at X:\bb\DragDrop where "X" = the drive letter where Band-in-a-Box is running, normally "C"

Description: Export Melody Track
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
© PG Music Forums