PG Music Home
Posted By: camog BB 2020 Mac on SSD - Deliveries to Europe?? - 03/18/20 07:03 AM
Hi all, I'm keenly awaiting delivery of BB 2020 Mac on SSD by post in the UK - wondering whether deliveries are going ahead as usual in view of all the Corona Virus chaos, any updates from anyone please??
Thanks, Carl
AMAZING - Deryk at PG-Music very kindly e-mailed me that my BB 2020 Mac SSD parcel was posted on Wed (2 days ago) - it's now Fri 9.30 AM and it just arrived!!!
Fantastic that not everything has ground to a Cvirus halt - THANK YOU Deryk!!
Best regards, Carl (In the UK)
Happy Friday and the 1st day of Spring! New stuff always makes me cheerful.

I just got mine a few minutes ago—Thanks, PGM!—and it's still on HDD. I'm not complaining as I'm sure a 2TB HDD is a lot less expensive and the Audiophile version now takes up 1.51TB of it.

I install BIAB onto my System and transfer the RealTracks and Drums to the same 4TB SSD where I keep another 2TB of virtual instruments VIs. Once I'm done with that, the only time the BIAB HDD gets plugged in again is when there are updates—I install to my Mac, then again to the drive which is now my backup.

I ran some tests recently. As long as one has USB 3, BIAB on the HDD is not much slower than an SSD. Those with Macs older than 2012 are still plugging into USB 2 and that's a lot slower.
Thanks for that Mike - yes I have a similar setup here.
My only issue now with the new BB 2020 Mac (incl 403 update) is that I can't audition the styles in StylePicker with double-clicks as usual - I can load any of the styles into BB with the associated demo chords, and that plays fine.

A bit frustrating not to be able to quickly run through the new styles to find what I like and want to use - hope another update soon will fix that.

Good weekend to you!! Cheers from a troubled UK, Carl
© PG Music Forums