PG Music Home
Hi,

I upgraded from BIAB 2019 to BIAB 2020 build 402 at the weekend and noticed that in the song panel, the song titles of my existing songs have been replaced by a "?". I then updated to build 403 today and am still seeing the same. I've tried to re-enter the correct title, but it reverts back to the "?" upon saving. Is this a known issue?

Cheers
Pete
Hi Pete! Our developers are "on it" - you'll see a new patch update soon that will fix this issue

We post patch announcements in the forum, and they'll always list here: https://www.pgmusic.com/support_macintoshupdates.htm

smile

Andrew to the rescue! scroll down to his post for the patch smile
Thanks for the update! smile
You can download build 404 here:
https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2020_mac_update_build404.pkg

This is currently in pre-release testing but will be released very soon, and you can always install the previous build if you have any trouble.
Hi Andrew

Thanks for posting the link, however build 404 doesn't fix this issue. The about BIAB screen definitely shows "build 404".

Pete
Hi Andrew, i am Italian and of course I use a keyboard with the layout in Italian. Until the BIAB 2016/2017 version, when I had to insert the caret sign (^), on the Italian keyboard, it is above the ( ì ). I did the update to the 2019 version and then to 2020 but when I use the same combination of keys to create the caret sign nothing happens and I only hear the sound of the metronome. What has changed, should I enable something? Yes, i know I can insert the caret sign using the right mouse button to access the bar preferences, but I was used to typing it quickly from the keyboard ... Renato
Hi Andrew

I've installed the Band-in-a-Box 2020 Mac - build 407 update however it hasn't fixed my "?" in the title issue. I've attached a screenshot for info.

Cheers
Pete

Attached picture song_title_issue1.jpg
Is this an issue with *every* song, or perhaps just ones that had certain characters in them?
I can't find any criteria that pinpoint the cause of the issue.

Out of 80 songs I've checked 15 have only a "?" in the title. I've attached a screen shot where the files tagged red have this issue.

I've also attached e.g.s of titles with and without the issue.

Cheers
Pete

Attached picture song_title_issue2.jpg
Attached picture song_title_issue_not ok1.png
Attached picture song_title_issue_not ok2.png
Attached picture song_title_issue_ok1.png
Attached picture song_title_issue_ok2.png
Thank you for that. Could you please also send us of those red tagged files ?
Thanks Andrew, I've just emailed one.

Pete
Thank you - received. So the problem is that this file was saved with a build that had the ? bug, so the title data was actually lost and will need to be re-entered.
Thanks for the swift response. I've tried re-entering the title data and saving (save and save as), but it didn't work. I think the only way to resolve this is to re-create the songs from scratch.
This build is still in pre-release testing, however it will be released soon and should fix the problem you are experiencing (i.e. you should be able to save the song with the new title, and it will 'stick'):
https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2020_mac_update_build410.pkg
The titles are now displaying correctly, thanks for all your help smile
© PG Music Forums