PG Music Home
I have just installed BB 2020 Mac on my new iMac i9 running Catalina incl the latest BB 403 update - I am unable to audition around 50-60% of the latest styles by the usual double-click in the StylePicker menu!

I can load a style with it's associated demo chords into BB and it plays fine, but it's frustrating not to be able to run through the styles quickly in StylePicker to find those I like and want to use!

Hope another update soon will fix this!

Carl (In the UK)
Originally Posted By: camog
I have just installed BB 2020 Mac on my new iMac i9 running Catalina incl the latest BB 403 update - I am unable to audition around 50-60% of the latest styles by the usual double-click in the StylePicker menu!

I can load a style with it's associated demo chords into BB and it plays fine, but it's frustrating not to be able to run through the styles quickly in StylePicker to find those I like and want to use!

Hope another update soon will fix this!

Carl (In the UK)

You want to send that one to Support.
Yes quite right Mike - just doing it now, thanks!! Carl
Hello,

Either one of the following should fix:

A) Install the latest patch (even if you already have the latest build).
or
B) Highlight the Band-in-a-Box folder in Finder, and Get Info (Command+I). Set permissions to Read & Write.

Let us know how that goes.
Hi Andrew, I have the latest build 403 installed - where do I find the latest patch, never come across that before?? Carl
The latest patch is always posted in a sticky post near the top of this forum, and on the Mac Support - Updates page. Here is a link.
https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2020_mac_update_build403.pkg
I just exchanged messages with Anthony at PGM - he said to re-download and install the 403 build (as you too now suggested), just did that and checked that permissions are set to 'read & write' - which they are!! No change!!
I can audition all the Bonus styles in StylePicker, but I still can't audition any of the new styles up to RT 352 - I can load them into BB and they play fine, I can't double-click the styles one after the other in StylePicker to quickly find styles I like!! Carl
Choose one specific style. Let's say _RADIO. I just chose any new style at random. When you audition this style by double-clicking in the StylePicker, Band-in-a-Box Plays a pre-made .m4a demo file. It finds this demo file in the following location:
/Applications/Band-in-a-Box/RealTracks/Data/Style Demos Audio.
Go to that folder in Finder, and see if you can find the file _RADIO.m4a and play it yourself.

(Also, I should have mentioned in my last post, when you are setting the permissions to read & write, you need to also select "Apply to enclosed items". That is an important step.)
Thank you Andrew - I will try that in the morning and let you know how I get on!
Best regards, Carl
Such a peculiar problem - in my StylePicker menu I filter entries to 'latest styles only'!

Looking at the menu vertically:

At the top end I have maybe 40 or 50 of the latest styles (don't understand why they are labelled 2019 though??) - these I can audition fine, and I can 'load song demo' into BB which plays fine!

Below those I have XtraPAK 8 styles, all auditioning fine and I can 'load song demo' which plays fine!

Below that I have a larger section of latest styles - these I can't audition in the normal way with double-clicks, but they 'load song demo' fine.

All of the above 'latest styles' entries are mixed with Bonus Styles, all of which I can audition fine and they 'load song demo' fine.

If you remember - I have BB 2020 Mac installed (program only about 26 Gb) on my internal iMac SSD.
I copied the full 164 Gb content of your SSD (which I received in the post) over to my external My Passport For MAC (plenty of room), and I have pointed BB 2020 RealTracks Preferences to my RealTracks folder on the external My Passport drive!

Hope you can help Andrew, thank you - Carl
Quote:
At the top end I have maybe 40 or 50 of the latest styles (don't understand why they are labelled 2019 though??) - these I can audition fine, and I can 'load song demo' into BB which plays fine!

Do you mean the style date (Dec. 2019)? That's normal.

Quote:
Below that I have a larger section of latest styles - these I can't audition in the normal way with double-clicks, but they 'load song demo' fine.

OK, I need an example of a style, any style, that doesn't work. Choose any style, then see if you can find it's corresponding .m4a in the Style Demos Audio folder as I said previously. The example I suggested was _RADIO, however if that's one that works for you, then choose a different one that doesn't work. Just let me know what it is so that we have a specific example to work with.
OK about the style data (Dec.2019)!

Yes you're right Andrew, lots missing in the folder Applications/Band-in-a-Box/RealTracks/Data/Style Demos Audio - I estimate around 150 styles are not there and they are the ones which do not audition, odd since the Style Demos Audio folder itself is 17.76 Gb in size with 8515 items (an exact copy of your SSD)??

It just occurred to me to double check that - and here's another odd fact:

The 'Style Demos Audio' folder on my external My Passport for Mac HD is 17.76 Gb with 8515 items, copied directly from your SSD
The 'Style Demos Audio' folder on your SSD is 15.92 Gb with 7543 items - baffling?

Two styles which do not audition: AFFINITY and RADIO - and as expected they are not present in the Style Demos Audio folders on either my external My Passport HD or your SSD?

Like Corona Virus - CRAZY!! Carl
Hi Carl,

Try this patch and it should fix the problem:
https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2020_mac_update_build405.pkg

Note: This is a pre-release build, but you could install the previous shipping patch (403) if you encounter any problems.
GREAT JOB Andrew - I'm now auditioning all the styles incl the latest ones in StylePicker without problems, thanks so much for your great support!!!

Going by what's happening here (eeriely quiet everywhere!!) - avoiding close people contact is one thing, but bumping up everyone's personal immune system is also vital !!!

Maybe PGM could issue free daily high dose Vit C and Epicore Immune Boost etc to your staff - minimise/reduce the chances of Cvirus knocking out business and livelihoods as it has done here everywhere!!!
Also Propolis, Cayenne Tincture, Vit D3 are helpful!

A bit off topic I know - but will soon be very relevant for you in Canada I suspect - just trying to offer something back!!
Best wishes to all, Carl
I just downloaded and installed 2020 (build403).
I have a similar problem but Real Styles 300-328 will not audition or play either. If I try to play I get an error message

"Disk I/O error, saying I need and Admin Account or to set permissions for BIAB folder to Read/Write."

I am the Admin and the permissions for the folder are set to Read/Write. The issue seems limited to styles on "realtracks301-328.dmg." I reinstalled that set several times and rebuilt the styles list each time but get the same result.

Should I try installing the pre-release patch?
Originally Posted By: dah55

Should I try installing the pre-release patch?

Definitely!

https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2020_mac_update_build405.pkg

Note: This is a pre-release build, but you could install the previous shipping patch (403) if you encounter any problems.
Quote:
saying I need and Admin Account or to set permissions for BIAB folder to Read/Write

This is a different problem, however yes, installing the patch should correct any permissions problems. Alternatively, make sure to click on "Apply to enclosed items" when you set the folder to read/write.
© PG Music Forums