PG Music Home
Posted By: quincyg 12 Key transpose after each chorus? - 03/28/20 03:11 PM
Hi, I cab't find this anywhere. I'm using 2017 pro and can't figure out how to enable 12 key woodshedding mode. I would like songs to play one chorus and then change to a new key up a fourth or up a half step. I read that midi thru transpose may be the answer. I tried setting midi tru transpose to up a fourth, but this doesn't seem to affect a transposition on repeat.
Any help would be appreciated.

Btw I am aware that I could copy paste and manually transpose the song, or stop it and transpose after each chorus, but this it not something I would like to do..

Thanks!
I've searched high and low for how to do this, and kind of managed using the "Transpose" settings menu, under Preferences. There is an option there for transposing the song after each chorus that's played. It took time to load after each chorus, though, so it kind of broke up the rhythm. I don't think that's the right tool, so I'll ask some colleagues who are more experienced.

In the meantime, I also found an old forum post with this workaround that might do the trick. Thanks to Pietro who posted it originally.

Originally Posted By: Nome
OK well here's a work around I just tried:
If you select the chords you have, then copy them, you can now transpose the song on screen down a 4th in the usual way, then paste the copied version on the end & you have a chart in 2 keys. Now copy all again but transpose the screen up a tone then paste the other at the end. Doesn't take long to cover the cycle of all 12 keys, remember there's a bit of length/arrangement setting adjustment too. A bit awkward but doable.
regards,
Pietro
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: 12 Key transpose after each chorus? - 04/04/20 02:22 PM
This transpose dialog might work for you.

"Ctrl + E" or "Options" > "Preferences" > "Practice" button > "Transpose Songs" button > "Each Chorus that a song is playing, transpose by "X" semitones" where "X" equals a numeric value of the number of semitones you want transposed.

Description: Transpose window. "Ctrl + E" or "Options" > "Preferences" > "Practice" button > "Transpose Songs" button > "Each Chorus that a song is playing, transpose by "X" semitones.
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: Pete_V Re: 12 Key transpose after each chorus? - 04/06/20 01:31 PM
Hi

I highlighted this Mac/Windows functionality gap back in 2015. I use BIAB primarily for practice and would find the transpose function extremely useful.

I've upgraded on an annual basis since then hoping that my loyalty and investment in the Mac version would be reciprocated through some alignment between Windows and Mac in this area, however so far no indication that this will ever be implemented. frown
Posted By: Bjorn Beskow Re: 12 Key transpose after each chorus? - 04/07/20 10:10 AM
I agree, very disappointing. :-(
The PC and Mac versions are currently far more similar than they have ever been. There are some differences with the looping and practice features. Transpose each chorus is currently not in the Mac version, and hopefully it will be added.
Posted By: Bjorn Beskow Re: 12 Key transpose after each chorus? - 04/09/20 03:32 AM
Thanks, Andrew. Since I use BIAB mostly for practicing, Transpose each chorus or Copy/Paste bars with Transpose is the feature I miss the most in the Mac version. Let's hope it will be prioritised in the next version, I guess it wouldn't be that difficult.

/Björn
Posted By: w Re: 12 Key transpose after each chorus? - 04/09/20 11:30 AM
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
The PC and Mac versions are currently far more similar than they have ever been. There are some differences with the looping and practice features. Transpose each chorus is currently not in the Mac version, and hopefully it will be added.

Thanks for the information and confirmation .

Perhaps that " feature " will be implemented in the very near foreseeable future , maybe sooner than Mac Band in a Box 2021 ?
© PG Music Forums