PG Music Home
Posted By: Werner Germany no server for Mac - 04/12/20 06:59 AM
Hello everybody,

OK - I´m quite new to BiaB and all these stuff. I want to use the IOS App wit my Mac and BiaB 2020. I can transfer files from the Mac to the iPad. But get asked to enter the IP adress for an BiaB Server. Which I don't know.

Yes, both devices are on the same network.

I wonder if I have a BiaB server (Mac) at all? If yes - is it installed, active and running. How can I find out?

Help on this topic will be very appreciated.

Thx in advance

Werner
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: no server for Mac - 04/12/20 04:51 PM
Greetings Werner,

Welcome to the forum and to Band-in-a-Box.

+++ HERE +++ is a link to the Band-in-a-Box for Iphone support file for Mac users. I hope you will find this useful.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: no server for Mac - 04/18/20 07:12 PM
The resource that Jim Fogle posted is a great read through in order to understand how setting up the app paired with a Mac versus a Windows machine differs. It also goes over what functionality differs. We always recommend reading it all the way through, as it also outlines different methods on how to get your files/songs from your computer to your iPhone or iPad, as well as what files are needed in order to playback your songs on the app.

The biggest difference is that with the app when paired with a Mac computer, there's no server and no IP address required. If you're not using it with a Windows machine, you should just be able to cancel out of that dialog box and continue on without needing to input anything.
© PG Music Forums