PG Music Home
Posted By: earphones Just received BIAB MAC 2020 and... - 04/16/20 03:48 AM
Hello BIAB users,
Unfortunately I can't get
1) the Copy/paste function working in the chord window (it worked in old version)
2) Can't mute instruments when I'm using the plugin in my DAW. I push the 'mute' button, but it doesn't mute!

Gotta be doing something wrong.

Much appreciated for any help.

Thanks and cheers.

ps Using Mac desktop 10.10
Hi earphones!

Here's a video with some different ways to copy bars in the chord window. Let me know if these don't work for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A25QaoEUC_E&feature=emb_logo

As for a lack of mute functionality in your DAW, I'll ask our developers about that to see if they know what's up. What DAW are you using?

Also, you may want to install the latest build update for Mac, which was just released. It might solve the problem too. You can find that here:

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_macintoshupdates.htm#2020_410
Posted By: earphones Re: Just received BIAB MAC 2020 and... - 04/16/20 09:25 PM
Hi David. Thank you.

1) Copy/paste function in chord window worked flawlessly in BIAB 2016. Not sure why I wouldn't now.
2) Studio One 4
3) I use BIAB 2020 for Mac as a standalone hard disk. Do I still install the latest build update, even though it's being used through the USB hard disk?

Thanks for your help.
Posted By: earphones Re: Just received BIAB MAC 2020 and... - 04/17/20 02:34 AM
Unfortunately installing the build update did not solve the problems.
FYI, I should have mentioned this previously:
this is for the plugin only.
Can you please try running the "Stand-alone" version of the DAW plugin. This is located in Band-in-a-Box/BBPlugin/Files/

Just is just like running the plugin version but outside of the DAW and is useful for troubleshooting.

A. You should be able to copy and paste chords in the chordsheet. The commands are the regular command+C and command+V hotkeys. There isn't a right-click context menu. If this does not work at all (highlight chords, command+C, then command+V), it is possible that this is a OS 10.10 specific problem, although that seems unlikely and I have confirmed that it does work in OS 10.11.

B. With muting tracks, you need to remember that if you are playing the "Master" track, you can't mute individual tracks, because the "Master" track is essentially a single rendered audio file containing all tracks. If you want to play multiple tracks and have the ability to mute them, then you can select (by shift+clicking or command+clicking) the tracks of interest, then press the Play button. You will then be able to mute individual tracks. Within a DAW, rather than muting you can usually just double-click the track icon.
Posted By: earphones Re: Just received BIAB MAC 2020 and... - 04/17/20 10:29 PM
Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your help. The copy/paste function DOES work in the stand-alone version, but not in the plugin.
I will try muting the tracks using your advice when I use my DAW later. Thanks.

One further observation: when I quit Studio One and the BIAB plug in is 'active', there is an immediate crash with the prompt "Studio One quit unexpectedly". However, let me recheck this with the new build update.

Thanks again.
© PG Music Forums