PG Music Home
Hi all,
I'm a new BiaB user and new to the forums, so apologies if this isn't the right place to post this question:

When I change my audio device in the BiaB preferences panel to use my audio interface (Scarlett 2i2) it works as expected. However, if I quit BiaB and restart it, the preference reverts back to the system audio.

I want BiaB to always use my audio interface, but I want my other Mac system sounds to use the default system audio output.

Is there a way to have BiaB always default to an audio device that isn't the system output?

Thanks in advance!
Hello,

It should stay on the devices you select between sessions - and it does in my testing. You are talking about the input and output device selected in Band-in-a-Box --> Preferences --> Audio Settings --> Audio Devices ?
What OS do you have?
Hi Andrew,
I'm running 10.14.6.

Yes, that's correct. Oddly I just tried it again now and it does seem to work as expected.

Apologies for the false alarm!

Thanks for your quick reply,
m
Hi again,
Having now been using BiaB for several weeks I've been able to reproduce this behavior, albeit not consistently. Sometimes it remembers my audio interface and sometimes it reverts back to the internal Mac/system audio.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can discern any patterns to the behavior.
Hello again.

This is now happening pretty consistently. Is there another forum where I should be reporting this bug? This is hugely annoying.

Thanks in advance.
© PG Music Forums