PG Music Home
Posted By: Bill Li Disable count-in on BIB 2020 Mac - 04/27/20 02:06 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to find out how to disable the count-in on BIB 2020 Mac, I can't find it in Preferences, any idea?
Thanks!
It is there in the Band-in-a-box --> Preferences.... "Audible lead-in" checkbox on the left.
Posted By: Bill Li Re: Disable count-in on BIB 2020 Mac - 04/28/20 06:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
It is there in the Band-in-a-box --> Preferences.... "Audible lead-in" checkbox on the left.

Yeah I've seen this and disabled it but this is not disabling the count-in, I mean when I press play I still have 1-2,1-2-3-4 count in before the music starts.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Disable count-in on BIB 2020 Mac - 04/28/20 11:09 AM
Bill,

Do the styles you're using use RealDrums? Some RealDrums automatically include a count-in call-out recorded by the RealDrums session drummer.

The Band-in-a-Box count-in settings in preferences control a midi generated count-in which is what Band-in-a-Box typically uses. The RealDrums count-in are audio.

Band-in-a-Box has no control of any audio contained in the initial two bars before bar one of the chord sheet so the program has no way to turn the sound on or turn the sound off.

Others may know a workaround I'm not aware of but the only way I can think of for a user to eliminate RealDrums count-in audio is to edit out the count-in audio. That means import the audio file into an audio file editor, identify the count-in audio and overwrite the count-in audio with silence. It's not an elegant solution and the solution has the potential to mess up a RealDrums instrument so I don't consider the solution worth the risk.
Posted By: w Re: Disable count-in on BIB 2020 Mac - 04/28/20 01:17 PM
Bill ,

Just out of curiosity why would you not want a count in ? No intention meant to insult you or your question/thoughts .

Is that not what a group of " for real " musicians depend on to be able to all start playing on the same beat .

And so in my " of beat " thinking here it seems to me that the same should hold true even in " computerized " music such as Band-in-a-Box , audio or midi songs .
The Audible Lead-in setting applies to both MIDI and RealDrums. Are you saying this has no affect for you? Is this song-specific, and is there an audio track in your song perhaps? Try loading in the song demo for zzjazz.sty from the StylePicker and see if it happens with that song, just so we are comparing apples to apples.
Posted By: Bill Li Re: Disable count-in on BIB 2020 Mac - 04/28/20 03:55 PM
@w - thanks for your replies! So the count-in is useful when playing along but when working on the music, especially at low tempos like 60, the count-in feels like taking minutes so it is good to be able to disable it.

@Andrew: I tested with zzjazz.sty: whether I have the Audible Lead-in box checked in Preferences or not I always have the count-in. I tested from scratch after starting BIB. Have you tried on your side with the Mac version (latest update)?
Quote:
@Andrew: I tested with zzjazz.sty: whether I have the Audible Lead-in box checked in Preferences or not I always have the count-in. I tested from scratch after starting BIB. Have you tried on your side with the Mac version (latest update)?

Yes I have. When you say you always have the count-in, is it just the beginning 2 measures you are talking about, or do you hear the clicks? If you want to remove the beginning 2 measures you'll need to also uncheck "Allow lead-in bars", which is in the same Preferences dialog. Note that the song may not start right away if it needs to be generated. But with zzjazz (no RealTracks) it will start pretty much right away...
Posted By: Bill Li Re: Disable count-in on BIB 2020 Mac - 04/29/20 04:13 AM
Disabling "Allow lead-in bars" is doing what I was looking for! Thanks Andrew!
On zzjazz.sty though, whether "Audible Lead-in" is enabled or not makes no difference, I am not sure this is expected.
© PG Music Forums