PG Music Home
Posted By: Lubomir RealTracks - 04/28/20 09:28 AM
I just have the BiaB 2020 Ultra pack + and wonder how do I know if all the real tracks are there? I tried to reinstall them, but on 046-101 the computer just crashed after an attempt of an hour or so. Any suggestion? I have iMac Retina 5k and Catalina OS.
And the second question-why the plugin takes so much time to generate the tracks inside the DAW? Is it normal?
Thanks in advance
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: RealTracks - 04/28/20 11:30 AM
Lubomir,

Navigate to "Help" > "What Add-ons do I have ..." It will tell you if you have any missing RealTracks.

Why does the plug-in takes so much time to generate tracks inside the daw? Because playback works different in the plug-in than it does in Band-in-a-Box.

In the plug-in complete audio tracks are generated and are then available for playback.
In Band-in-a-Box the first few bars of the audio tracks are generated, playback begins and playback continues while the remainder of track generation continues as a background task.

Generation time is the same but track generation seems quicker because the Band-in-a-Box program is multitasking. The plug-in can't multitask because it has to present the daw with legitimate audio files. The plug-in can't present a bunch of audio scraps or the daw would not know how to process them.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: RealTracks - 04/28/20 01:55 PM
I would recommend opening the RealTracks Picker and check the box to "show n/a" at the bottom. Then, sort by Set number column. This will allow you to see pretty easily if you are missing a range of RealTracks Sets.

Quote:
I tried to reinstall them, but on 046-101 the computer just crashed after an attempt of an hour or so

Was this problem specific to this one installer? What stage did you get to? (opened DMG, started installer, entered password for installation... ?) It should definitely take under an hour to install.
Posted By: Lubomir Re: RealTracks - 04/28/20 02:08 PM
Wow, Jim !!! Thanks for the reply.Amazing ;-)))I checked the app and the answer was more than perfect-everything is intact. By the way, I do not use BiaB very often and that's why I ask so stupid questions. In the old days was easier to work and play with it-now become a very heavy uploaded app, which will take the rest of my life only to discover the benefits which it possesses. But I buy it just to support PG Music-they are doing a fantastic job and I do not regret a cent. If I remember right, before you were able to draw the tracks directly from the BIAB into the DAW,but now it looks it does not work like that anymore. One more time-thanks and take good care of yourself and the loved ones
Posted By: Lubomir Re: RealTracks - 04/28/20 02:40 PM
Hi Andrew-thanks for the reply ;-)I could not find " Then, sort by Set number column", but never mind-looks there were no error messages. Actually the problem started earlier than that point when I tried to reinstall Real tracks 1-45. Then it took too long again and I tried to cancel the installer, but it did not want to do so and the machine froze.So I restarted it and it got crazy...I restored it from the time machine and after I tried to install the RTs 046-101 and it did not happen at all. So that's how I come to the forum with that question...I was not sure if the Real Tracks were updated for Catalina. But no worries-now it looks fine and if something wrong will happen again, then I'll make a clean install and start it from the scratch.
Thanks for the answer and take good care for yourself and the loved once
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: RealTracks - 04/28/20 11:04 PM
Lubomir,

The DropZone is located at the top, left of the main screen in 2020 Band-in-a-Box for Mac.

Use your mouse to drag from the name of one of the track buttons located across the top of the screen to one of the four zones inside the DropZone and the track contents will be rendered as either a WAV audio file, M4A audio file, AIFF audio file or midi.

Drag the Master track button to the DropZone and all tracks will be rendered.

The files are rendered to a Band-in-a-Box sub-folder called "DragDrop" without the quotes

Description: 2020 Band-in-a-Box for Mac Drop Zone
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: Lubomir Re: RealTracks - 04/30/20 05:43 AM
Jim, thanks for the reply. Now I do not wonder anymore ;-)) take care and stay healthy
© PG Music Forums