PG Music Home
Posted By: w Under The Boardwalk by The Drifters - 05/17/20 11:03 PM
Does anyone have the chords chart for Under The Boardwalk by The Drifters that they would be willing to share .

Mac 2020 Band-in-a-Box style picker suggested this style that seems to be OK and so now i require the chords chart please .

Many thanks .

Attached File
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Under The Boardwalk by The Drifters - 05/18/20 03:44 AM
https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/the-drifters/under-the-boardwalk-chords-14980
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Under The Boardwalk by The Drifters - 05/18/20 04:07 PM
+++ https://www.acousticbinder.com/lyrics-chords/the-drifters/under-the-boardwalk.html +++

By-the-way, great song!
Posted By: w Re: Under The Boardwalk by The Drifters - 05/19/20 08:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle

Thanks Jim ,

I am not a guitar player and therefore not exactly sure how to enter those chords as shown into Band in a Box chord layout . I realize that it is in 4/4 time and in the Key of G .

And so for example how are these entered ( screen view ) ?

Attached picture SShot 2020-05-19 at 5.53.31 PM.png
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Under The Boardwalk by The Drifters - 05/19/20 10:09 PM
W,

I'm not sure what you're asking. Playing guitar has nothing to do with entering chord name into a Band-in-a-Box chord sheet.

I've listened to both SGU files Pipeline provided. They are the same except the starting key signature is different. They are a great starting point, both capture the feel of the song.

I've attached a midi file. Unlike Pipeline's SGU files the midi file includes the percussion parts played in the original work.

The midi file is arranged by Don Carroll. Back when midi files were freely available, a Don Carroll arrangement was about as close to a professional arrangement as you could ask for. The man made some great midi files.

Description: Under The Boardwalk midi file arranged by Don Carroll.
Attached File
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Under The Boardwalk by The Drifters - 05/20/20 02:33 PM
You mean what bars does the chords go in, and how many are left empty till the next chord is entered on another bar (box) ?.
Posted By: w Re: Under The Boardwalk by The Drifters - 05/20/20 02:34 PM
W,

I'm not sure what you're asking. Playing guitar has nothing to do with entering chord name into a Band-in-a-Box chord sheet.

I've listened to both SGU files Pipeline provided. They are the same except the starting key signature is different. They are a great starting point, both capture the feel of the song.

I've attached a midi file. Unlike Pipeline's SGU files the midi file includes the percussion parts played in the original work.

The midi file is arranged by Don Carroll. Back when midi files were freely available, a Don Carroll arrangement was about as close to a professional arrangement as you could ask for. The man made some great midi files.

Thank you Jim .

That was exactly what i was looking for , a midi file .

Indeed Don Carroll's arrangements were fantastic and helped me immensely in those days to arrange and work in the " midi " world with my midi keyboards and real time arrangers ( mostly Roland gear such as the D20 ) .

Somewhere in my midi collection i should still have those Don Carroll's files . I'm glad you posted that midi file because I completely forgot about his fantastic arrangements . Now my hunt begins . Perhaps if i can't find them hoping you could share your collection strictly for my personal use with no intention to profit or sell them .

Thanks again ,

Walter
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Under The Boardwalk by The Drifters - 05/20/20 10:49 PM
Walter,

Two of my favorite midi arrangers were Don Carroll and D. W. Barnes. Unfortunately I think all the midi files I had stayed on a computer hard drive from a long time ago. The file I provided to you I downloaded from the internet after performing a midi file search for the song. It just so happens the file was arranged by Don Carroll. As a fan of Don Carroll you may enjoy +++ THIS +++ link.

If you've never heard of David (DW) Barnes you should visit his +++ website +++ and listen to his midi files. The Beatles midi files are outstanding! The amazing thing to me is he explains his process and all his midi songs are created in a midi sequencer by hand. Although he is an accomplished musician he doesn't play an instrument on any of the midi sequences.

I'm sorry I don't have a collection to share with you. I would if I could.
Posted By: w Re: Under The Boardwalk by The Drifters - 05/21/20 02:12 PM
Walter,

Two of my favorite midi arrangers were Don Carroll and D. W. Barnes. Unfortunately I think all the midi files I had stayed on a computer hard drive from a long time ago. The file I provided to you I downloaded from the internet after performing a midi file search for the song. It just so happens the file was arranged by Don Carroll. As a fan of Don Carroll you may enjoy +++ THIS +++ link.

If you've never heard of David (DW) Barnes you should visit his +++ website +++ and listen to his midi files. The Beatles midi files are outstanding! The amazing thing to me is he explains his process and all his midi songs are created in a midi sequencer by hand. Although he is an accomplished musician he doesn't play an instrument on any of the midi sequences.

I'm sorry I don't have a collection to share with you. I would if I could.

Thanks , this is what I found in my search for Don Carroll

http://midkar.com/MidiStudio/DCarroll/a-g.html
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Under The Boardwalk by The Drifters - 05/22/20 04:23 PM
Thanks for sharing that link. It was nice to read his biography and discover his musical background.

On a hunch, I searched for Don on YouTube and found he is very active on YouTube +++ HERE +++
© PG Music Forums