PG Music Home
Posted By: Peters Garage BIAB keeps changing MIDI styles - 05/24/20 08:40 AM
Hello,

when I try to build styles where I mix Real Track with "Select Custom MIDI style for this track" - I encounter that 3 out 4 times the MIDI style chosen is not the actual MIDI instrument being chosen by BIAB to perform the playback on the track?

Here is an example - I am working on the style _CMPFMDF.STY Campfire Medium, where I want to add a MIDI 43:Cello from the style THUNDER.STY,(the 2nd track, named Piano) but when I click generate BIAB will play a MIDI 19:Rock Organ.

I can't figure out, which setting I need to change to make it stop changing my MIDI instrument.

Anyone know how to fix this - I use BIAB 2020 for Mac
Posted By: Peters Garage Re: BIAB keeps changing MIDI styles - 05/31/20 05:04 PM
Really - noone has experienced the same issue?
Posted By: DrDan Re: BIAB keeps changing MIDI styles - 06/01/20 12:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Peters Garage
Really - noone has experienced the same issue?

Oh, we thought you were asking how to fix this? Experienced it, heck ya.
It's just keeping the patch that was originally assigned to the track. When you choose the style (i.e. Thunder.sty) from the StylePicker, look at the little mixer display at the bottom to see what patch it is using (pad slow). You can select this patch in your song.
Posted By: Peters Garage Re: BIAB keeps changing MIDI styles - 06/03/20 04:32 PM
Hi Andrew,

thank you for clarifying.

Would it be hard to change, so you can select and change MIDI tracks freely the same way you can do with Real Tracks?

That way you have the same logic for changing and building you own styles in a very flexible way....ok ok ok! Just because I would love that feature doesn't off course mean, that it is a good idea :-)
© PG Music Forums