PG Music Home
Posted By: phil T. Bône drop station - 06/04/20 11:04 AM
hello, I would like to use the drop station to have the midifile of a realdrum, I did the operation with a piano and also a bass without any problem I get my midifile from realtracks but with the drum it seems to be different, I always have the same midifile which has nothing to do with the song’s realdrum. I tried with 2 songs with completely different styles and scores and when I want the midi of the realdrums I have exactly the same midi pattern which is different from my song. I take advantage of this thread to know if there are samples of sound from the drums of the realdrums of BIAB that I appreciate very much, I would like to be able to edit my patterns and breaks and therefore have the samples separated from the kick, snare etc.
thank you
phil
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: drop station - 06/04/20 12:48 PM
About half of the real drums have “real charts” which are MIDI versions of the RealDrums. If they have them they are listed in the realdrums picker (press the filter (#) button to see which ones have them. Also, there is a green line under the radio button for drums if there is a real chart available.

So first thing to do is see if the realdrums you are using is supposed to have a real chart. If it is supposed to have it, Make sure you have latest version (build 410 April 15, 2020). If it doesn’t, it will be substituted by a MIDI drum part that isn’t exactly what the realdrums played, but is close or at least something.
Posted By: phil T. Bône Re: drop station - 06/04/20 12:57 PM
thanks a lot Peter,
for the second part of my post, what goes on ?

I take advantage of this thread to know if there are samples of sound from the drums of the realdrums of BIAB that I appreciate very much, I would like to be able to edit my patterns and breaks and therefore have the samples separated from the kick, snare etc.
thank you
phil
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: drop station - 06/04/20 06:30 PM
You may be able to edit the midi but that is not going to change the RealDrums. RealDrums are audio.

MIDI is added to a RealDrums file after the original audio is recorded. The original intent of the added RealDrums MIDI is so the Band-in-a-Box program can display notation for the drum track.

Band-in-a-Box users have discovered they can extract a RealDrums MIDI file from the audio file, edit the midi file and use the midi file instead of the RealDrums file
Posted By: phil T. Bône Re: drop station - 06/05/20 03:56 AM
thanks Jim, listen, I use to program my own drums part often in Logic with XLR drums, (I've to say that I start my songs with Biab and finish in Logic),I love the sound of the realdrums of BIAB, but the thing is that I can't do all I want with just an audio file, so my question is, does exist already some samples of these realdrums ? I just ask, it's a different way to edit drums part.
I know I could use a logic to extract each sound, kick, snare, hi-hat, but it could be so much expressive to have this work done with differents velocities...
It can be so interesting to work with the bass and the kick with sidechain compression and have a special reverb for the snare...
if it doesn't exist, I think it could be a good thing to do, not very difficult during the recorded sessions of realdrums.
maybe someone knows drums sound close to BIAB realdrums?
thank you
Posted By: Pipeline Re: drop station - 06/05/20 04:26 AM
If you look at the end of the RealDrums file there are shots that are listed at the end of the Drum's txt file.
Some have a lot of different hits and some don't.
You can maybe look for another drum by the same artist on the same kit and see if it has more shots on the end ?
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=431075

If they release the realdrums multichannel versions in the future that would solve a lot of issues.
Posted By: phil T. Bône Re: drop station - 06/05/20 05:46 AM
thank you pipeline, your post is a gold mine, I would not consider that there are such options. I did not even know hydrogen.
now I will have to digest all that.
it is true that if BIAB release a multi-channel option for drums it would be one step closer to attracting more people ...
take care
© PG Music Forums