PG Music Home
Posted By: TRYUK Chord input from midi keyboard - 07/04/20 04:42 AM
I have BiaB 2020 and was wondering if it is possible to input chords played on the iRig keys in to the chord window directly. And if so could someone point me to a video for setting up or describe the setup process.

Many thanks, Tim.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Chord input from midi keyboard - 07/04/20 02:22 PM
Tryuk,

As you know the iRig keys 2 is a midi controller. It connects to your MacBook Pro either through a Lightning or OTG to Micro-USB cable.

Band-in-a-Box for Mac uses Apple's Core MIDI to add midi controllers to the computer for use by the program. You may want to follow along on page 342, Chapter 14 - MIDI Setup, of the Band-in-a-Box for Mac user manual for step-by-step guidance.

If your iRig keys 2 works with your DAW then your computer has already recognized the controller. Go to "Options" > "CoreMIDI Audio MIDI Setup". Click on the "MIDI Devices" tab. Select the "IKMultimedia iRig keys 2" icon. Finally, you'll need to assign the icon to a MIDI port.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Chord input from midi keyboard - 07/06/20 03:27 PM
If you play a chord on your external MIDI keyboard that is hooked up to your computer, you can enter the chord into the chordsheet at the current location by pressing command+enter.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Chord input from midi keyboard - 07/07/20 11:33 PM
I made one up but it only works on Win, would need to make a Java one for Mac.
Enter Chords into the Chord Sheet with a Keyboard Tool Win

Posted By: Warren P Re: Chord input from midi keyboard - 10/14/23 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew - PG Music
If you play a chord on your external MIDI keyboard that is hooked up to your computer, you can enter the chord into the chordsheet at the current location by pressing command+enter.

This is SO AWESOME. It's like they thought of EVERYTHING. :-)

I would kind a love it if the chords I'm playing also were displayed as I play them somewhere on screen so I can be reminded of what it is, like what garage band and logic do.
Posted By: sax59 Re: Chord input from midi keyboard - 10/25/23 03:33 PM
I purchased a SE25 about a year ago and (as I recall) was able to input chords into Band in a Box with ease. In reacquainting myself with the SE25, I have currently been unable to input chords into BiaB. I must be doing (or not doing) something trivial. Can anyone by chance help me. I have a PC. Thank you!
© PG Music Forums