PG Music Home
Posted By: iNomis Melodist Error - 07/09/20 10:05 AM
I just purchased BIAB Mac 2020 and have upgraded to version 412 and reinstalled a few times to check this issue. When I use the Melodist and choose several of the styles, I get an error that an ST2 file cannot be found when i click OK. Example: use style 166 and I get an error that MelRkMOR.ST2 not found. I also noticed in a video, the Windows version has options to show of hide the NA/not available styles. Should I be getting this error? The styles not found are nowhere on my drives.

Karl
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Melodist Error - 07/09/20 04:22 PM
Hello iNomis,

Welcome to Band-in-a-Box for Mac and to the forum!

The checkbox option to display or not display N/A styles is in the StylePicker Options window.

ST2 files missing generally means some files were not installed or the file installer is corrupt.

Please tell us what package (Pro, Mega, Ultra or Audiophile) you purchased. Are you downloading the files from your online account or are you installing from physical medium like a hard drive? Finally, are you installing RealTracks to your primary drive, secondary drive or running them from an external hard drive?

Description: BiaB for Mac StylePicker Options window.
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: iNomis Re: Melodist Error - 07/09/20 06:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome and help!

I have the Pro package and files downloaded from my account on this site. I have installed both to my main drive and to a secondary drive with the same resulting problem.

Karl
Posted By: w Re: Melodist Error - 07/10/20 10:24 AM
Originally Posted By: iNomis
Thanks for the welcome and help!

I have the Pro package and files downloaded from my account on this site. I have installed both to my main drive and to a secondary drive with the same resulting problem.

Karl

I just took a look in my Mac Band-in-a-Box Soloist Folder and it is there . ( screen shot )

Attached File
Posted By: iNomis Re: Melodist Error - 07/10/20 11:54 AM
Thanks for your help.

I’m beginning to think it’s not included in the Pro version but the list of Melodist styles is showing it anyway. I have started working with support to confirm and resolve it.

Karl
Posted By: iNomis Re: Melodist Error - 07/17/20 12:11 PM
PG Music has confirmed the issue and a future fix.

Quote:

That particular Melodist is not included with the Pro package. Unfortunately there is a glitch in the Melodist chooser that shows all of the Melodists and not just what's installed. We will be correcting this in a future update, which your software should prompt you for when it is available.

Posted By: iNomis Re: Melodist Error - 01/31/21 08:22 PM
Just to update this, the issue is still outstanding in recent versions. Seems like a simple fix to not have features that give errors by default.
© PG Music Forums