PG Music Home
hello:

i am in the process of preparing for macos upgrade to macos big sur from mojave. i have gathered the list of "legacy" (read 32bit) software from about this mac and found that i had two apps (Amplitube3 & Custom Shop) that i wasnt familiar with. in trying to get to all 64bit i removed them, although they still show up on my legacy software listing.

i have since seen some info that these are likely tied into biab2020. i am concerned that i should probably reinstall these so biab works properly, although assure they are 64bit so they are compatible going forward.

can anyone help me navigate this, please?

thanks,
j
There was a copy of Amplitube 3 that shipped with Band-in-a-Box (note - it is both 32-bit and 64-bit, as opposed to Amplitube 4 which is only 64-bit). You do not need to have Amplitube to use Band-in-a-Box, it is just a guitar amp plugin that some people like to use. In addition, if you DO want Amplitube you can create an account at IK Multimedia's website and download the latest version yourself.
andrew:

thanks for your quick response. i can see users wanting to use amplitube as a guitar amp simulator with their (real) guitars plugged in. does biab use amplitube as an amp-sim for any sounds within biab?

thanks,
j
Well, it can be applied to a track with RealTracks... the most popular use is probably to select one of the Direct Input versions of the electric guitar RealTracks (if the RealTrack instrument has a DI version available, you'll be able to select the "Direct Input" checkbox in the RealTracks Picker), and then add Amplitube to that track.
© PG Music Forums