PG Music Home
Upgraded to 1 terabyte HD so I could have everything on one machine. Previously used the portable BB HD (ultra pack) since original HD wasn't large enough on the 2013 computer. So, first transferred the 2013 mac data from a backup drive to the 2020 Mac. Then, used portable BB HD to install BB 2019 on new computer. Then, 2020 BB arrived and last night installed the new BB into the new computer.

Now, I have lost "My Songs" folder with all my previous arrangements. Have tried searching the new machine for the files; nowhere to be found (I could be dumb). Very frustrated after a HUGE investment.

Questions: Should I delete BB 2020 from the 2020 Mac and start over? If so, how should I proceed? Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I wouldn't suggest deleting anything. Your songs folder is probably on your BB 2019 portable hard drive is it not? Or did you previously have it on your Mac's internal HD?
Andrew,

I did find it on the 2019 drive which I connected to the new mac. I may have done it incorrectly, but I dragged the folder into BB 2020 and I think it's at least a work-around.

Can you tell me how many backing tracks the BB Ultrapack has? I purchased it on 7/31/2020 but when reloading the tracks, the number changed from >7000 to around 6000 backing tracks -- I spent the $ so I would be up-to-date after getting the new laptop. Is this number (around 6000) correct?

Thanks for the help.
Are you referring to rebuilding the Styles list in the StylePicker? The numbers sound about right, since you may not have the "Xtra styles" which are styles that are sold separately from the Band-in-a-Box packages. If you choose the option to show all styles including N/A (not available) styles in the StylePicker (Other drop-down), then you will see all known styles including ones that you don't have.
Thanks. I was just going by what was shown (greater than 7000 styles before I upgraded to 2020 bb for Mac).
Confusing.
© PG Music Forums