PG Music Home
Posted By: phil T. Bône VST scan = crashes on mac BIAB 2020 - 10/14/20 12:31 PM
good evening, I would like to report that scanning VST plug-ins causes BIAB 2020 to crash on my mac (macbookpro 2013/mojave). I wanted to try by checking the box "automatic scan " and BIAB bug each time when opening, I think all I have to do is to delete the prefs ... to start correctly.
is it an identified issue ?
good night smile
I don't have this issue on my Mac. Likely you have a plugin that is crashing the scanner in BB. Perhaps try removing a few VST's at a time and see if you can narrow down which ones make BB crash on you.
yes I was thinking about that, a plug-in which is not compatible, I will try adding the plugs as and when to find the culprit.

Thank you and good day
Great minds think alike! Please let us know how it goes for you.
Posted By: mininoyz Re: VST scan = crashes on mac BIAB 2020 - 10/23/20 02:45 PM
Same here under Catalina. This issue occurred just after having activated the VST plugin scan. I suspect the WavesHeadTracker module to cause this crash. Now I'd like to disable this VST scan, but I can't even start properly BIAB ! Is there a safe mode startup ?
Posted By: mininoyz Re: VST scan = crashes on mac BIAB 2020 - 10/23/20 03:06 PM
Ok, problem solved by :
1. renaming the VST folder -> ***VST (renaming individual plugins doesn't work)
2. booting up BIAB
3. disabling the buggy option 'scan VST at startup'
4. closing BIAB
5. renaming properly my VST folder
Everything works fine now.
if I remember well, trash in prefs folder of BIAB "Band-in-a-Box Preferences_X86" or all prefs if it don't works and you 'll can start again.
I didn't have enough time to find the VST plug that cos crash, I disable all and when I'll have time I will activate vst one by one...
In addition, you can reset the preferences of Band-in-a-Box by deleting the contents of the Preferences folder in the Band-in-a-Box folder - that would allow BB to start up after activating the automatic plugin scanner.
© PG Music Forums