PG Music Home
When adding Real Track -2495 Piano, Electric, HeldChords 120 to a composition I noticed, that Sustained chords were silenced - for instance Asus (Asus4) - though A2 was playing normally.

Not having the problem with MIDI tracks - I began head scratching a bit (I do that a lot - though I still have plenty of grey'ish hair to scratch).

After trying to play around with various settings, I found that Track Setting - re-interpreted chords was the problem - it need to be set to Off! And then the laziness of the piano player disappeared smile

Is that an expected and desired behavior of this function - to skip chords? Usually you have chords in your arrangement for an obvious reason, and for being played by each member of the "band".

Progression was:
Em x2/D/Asus
Em x2/D/A2

I have also noticed, that if you export Real Track to MIDI while using Hold Chord or Shot, these informations are not part of the MIDI export, but here it doesn't help tampering with the re-interpreted chords setting.

Either some strings of code are missing or has gone into lockdown
The issue is no RealTrack can cover every chord variation at every tempo. If they did each RealTrack would be so large hard drives would fill up to overflowing. So every RealTrack has musical "gaps" that the RealTrack does not cover. Silence is the program's way of responding to a chard sheet request the RealTrack does not have the audio to fill.

When you changed settings you changed how the program interprets the chord sheet and a suitable chord or chord substitution was found.

Sometimes you will find a chord exists in a RealTrack in one context but not another. I've found changing key signatures, tempo or surrounding chords can all influence how a RealTrack works with the chord sheet. For example while the chord may not exist with a key signature of E the chord may be available when the key signature is C.
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
The issue is no RealTrack can cover every chord variation at every tempo. If they did each RealTrack would be so large hard drives would fill up to overflowing. So every RealTrack has musical "gaps" that the RealTrack does not cover. Silence is the program's way of responding to a chard sheet request the RealTrack does not have the audio to fill.

When you changed settings you changed how the program interprets the chord sheet and a suitable chord or chord substitution was found.

Sometimes you will find a chord exists in a RealTrack in one context but not another. I've found changing key signatures, tempo or surrounding chords can all influence how a RealTrack works with the chord sheet. For example while the chord may not exist with a key signature of E the chord may be available when the key signature is C.

I was under the impression that a pitch shifting algorithm should be part of Real Tracks in order to limit the space used on your hard disc.
A tempo and pitch shifting algorithm is used, the Elastique Pro V3 by Zplane Development. That helps limit the number of chords but not the chord types.

To give an unrealistic but simple example, if your chord sheet and program settings call for a D minor 7 and the RealTrack doesn't have a D minor 7 then the program plays silence instead of playing a wrong chord. The tempo and pitch shifting algorithm can't change the one note inside a chord needed to change a D minor into a D minor 7.

For another example it can't make a minor chord into a major chord. What it can do is pitch shift the complete D chord down in pitch enough that it sounds like a C chord.
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
A tempo and pitch shifting algorithm is used, the Elastique Pro V3 by Zplane Development.

However, to give an unrealistic but simple example, if your chord sheet and program settings call for a D minor 7 and the RealTrack doesn't have a D minor 7 then the program plays silence instead of playing a wrong chord.

Ah - this makes a bit more sense. As BIAB work with Major and Minor - the Asus4 is of not part of a standard D Major scale, and therefore silence.....if I'm right lesson learned.
© PG Music Forums