PG Music Home
This is the latest bizarre and frustrating behavior I am trying to troubleshoot. I have a Jazz Waltz pIayalong I am working on. I started with the style picker for a Jazz Waltz, then substituted JazzWaltzTerryClarke3 in for the drums. During the "a" portion of this style, random measures are without drums on playback. It's always the 2nd bar of a 2-bar phrase that is missing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I just downloaded build 423, on a 2019 MacBook Pro 16".
Have you tried the drums in a new SGU at the same tempo?

That could help determine if the issue is relative to the RD or whether your current SGU might be corrupted.

Bud
Tom - what's the initial Style you start with, before you sub the drums in?

Also, which package of BIAB do you have - Pro, Mega, Ultra, Audiophile?
I have the Pro version. I've also downloaded a number of additional Real Tracks a la carte. The style I started with is labeled _JWLZ_BG.STY: Medium Jazz Waltz with Guitar. I opened a new file and substituted in the Real Drums and they seem to work fine, of course just playing over a C chord because there's nothing else in the file. If that indicates my original file is corrupted, should I just start over?

Also strange is how I downloaded a set of real tracks for Jazz Waltz with "all real tracks" and yet the RD for the set (Craig Scott) shows as not available.
Ok, I'm thinking the problem is with the RD file. After inputing the chords, the problem returns. First the drums played all the way through and dropped out with 16 bars to go. Then I tried "Generate and Play", and the random measure problem returned. Actually it's the same random measures every time you play it, but random nonetheless.

I will try to re-download the RD and see what happens.
If you have the patience I would start with a clean SGU - no style. Enter your chords, the RD and maybe a RT or two and see what happens.

Bud
You can also go to Bar Settings (F5) and click on Clear All Bars, see if that helps the random dropouts.
What if it's not BIAB?

Any chance you are running a 3rd party plugin on the RD track that might be in Demo mode? Some cut out randomly or make noise if unlicensed or if the app can't find the license file.
© PG Music Forums