PG Music Home
Posted By: phil T. Bône samples of drums in BIAB - 05/29/21 02:35 PM
I really like the sounds of drums from bIAB, I would like to be able to make a kit or two with these sounds of Biab to use with midi programmation in logic (separatly: snare, kick, hh etc ), does anyone know if there are samples of drums and where they are, or I must cut the loops, I have the audiophile version. thank you
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: samples of drums in BIAB - 05/29/21 06:20 PM
Hello philty,

RealDrums are created by having a real drummer playing a drum kit, and this is recorded and then mixed to get what you hear in the program, so you wouldn't be able to separate out the individual pieces such as the snare, kick hi-hat, etc as you mentioned above.

We hope this clarifies!

Thank you,
Ember
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: samples of drums in BIAB - 05/29/21 10:40 PM
Many RealDrums audio files have single hits of each instrument in the drum kit.

For example, the screen shot below is the "AmericanaRoots 16th_60" RealDrums audio file opened in the free audio editor,+++ Audacity +++. The highlighted portion at the end of the audio contains single hits of every drum instrument used to create the RealDrums.

You can copy the hits and use them as samples inside a sampler.

Note: I could have used RealBand to display the audio file but chose Audacity because of it's capability to clearly display a single track.

Description: Audacity Window of "AmericanaRoots 16th^_60" RealDrums audio file.
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: Blake - PG Music Re: samples of drums in BIAB - 06/03/21 08:49 PM
Originally Posted By: philty
I really like the sounds of drums from bIAB, I would like to be able to make a kit or two with these sounds of Biab to use with midi programmation in logic (separatly: snare, kick, hh etc ), does anyone know if there are samples of drums and where they are, or I must cut the loops, I have the audiophile version. thank you

If you are talking about the RealDrums, we did make a couple of Sforzando virtual instruments using samples recorded from the same drum kits. You can access them from the track context menu:

Select MIDI Insrument (Patch) > Select Hi-Q MIDI Patch Plugin
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: samples of drums in BIAB - 06/04/21 09:26 AM
I just posted a response in the songwriting forum illustrating how I use the RD audio file drum hits to augment the RD hits or even build a fill, etc.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=658875#Post658875
© PG Music Forums