PG Music Home
Hi, I just bought the MegaPak and installed everything on my new MacBook (M1). I even upgraded to Build 503.
But Almost all RT styles are N/A. I rebuilt everything, I reinstalled everything, I even tried to point to the RealTracks folder manually but nothing helps.
Here is a screen of my StylePicker:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xiMHVBEmbIuWhepwydiIDYHy3aomMwKP/view?usp=sharing
I don't even get the standard styles in the list of "Band Styles"
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QNj-TcbZUSfltBWXHG8-7K3PU7WcEJgF/view?usp=sharing
Can anyone help?
Posted By: TRYUK Re: BIAB 2021 MegaPAK Mac: Lots of RT N/A - 06/04/21 01:50 PM
I just upgraded to Build 503 and installed all the new Paks. I cannot find a single thing that is not available. Did you do a standard install or choose a different location for the data?

If I want all of the data on an external drive I do a standard install and just drag the BiaB folder to a drive, delete the BiaB folder from Applications and then launch from the ext HD.
Posted By: Paolo Leva Re: BIAB 2021 MegaPAK Mac: Lots of RT N/A - 06/04/21 01:59 PM
I made a standard install, only using defaults. I do not use external drives.
I see all the data in subfolders under the "Applications/Band-In-A-Box" folder, so everything looks OK.
When I rebuild the RealTracks I get a message saying:
"332 RealTracks have folders in /Applications/Band-In-A-Box/RealTracks/, but no r*.st2, r*.xt2 files in the BB Soloists folder..."
But I see them in the /Applications/Band-In-A-Box/Soloists, so this is not helping me. And the problem is not the soloists track but the basic accompaniment tracks.
Originally Posted By: Paolo Leva
I made a standard install, only using defaults. …
That does not tell us exactly where you installed, however.

Is everything installed on your System drive in the default location? Is everything installed on your System drive in a different location? Did you get media from PG Music and originally install from that? Which version of BIAB do you have.

The Mac installers have major issues and will often report success only for you to find empty folders or others not properly updated. The only consistent success I have ever had is installing onto the media from PGM, then copying over to the location on my Mac where I really want things.
Hello Paolo,

Your screenshot shows that you have (for example) _JWALTZP.STY, which is included in the MegaPAK. It shows that you do not have SLOWBAL.STY, which is included in both the Pro and the MegaPAK and should appear under "Ballads") in your screenshot. This suggests that you missed installing the "Pro 1" and possibly "Pro 2" package.

Regarding the Bonus PAK styles, there are some that use RT's that are only available in the UltraPAK.
Posted By: Paolo Leva Re: BIAB 2021 MegaPAK Mac: Lots of RT N/A - 06/05/21 05:17 AM
Mike -> Everything is installed under "/Application/Band-in-a-Box" which is the standard location

Andrew -> One funny thing is that in the files I downloaded from PGMusic there is one called "realtracks_pro_1.pkg" and one called "realtracks_pro_2.pkg".

But when you double-click the one called "realtracks_pro_1.pkg" the installer says "Welcome to the Pro RealTracks 2 Installer" and the text below is "RealTracks [ Pro RealCombos Installer 2 ]"

And when you double-click the one called "realtracks_pro_2.pkg" the installer says "Welcome to the Pro RealTracks 1 Installer" but below it says again "RealTracks [ Pro RealCombos Installer 2 ]".

Is it possible that something went wrong with the distribution and the packaging of the installer?
You're right, thank you for reporting this.

The problem is now resolved. Please re-download this one file (RealTracks Pro 1) from your download page or pgmusic.com account. No need to download any other file again.
Posted By: Paolo Leva Re: BIAB 2021 MegaPAK Mac: Lots of RT N/A - 06/06/21 06:43 PM
Thanks, I confirm that the problem is solved.
Many thanks for your excellent service!
Cheers,
Paolo
© PG Music Forums