PG Music Home
Need some counsel. I wanna do a total install, but dont want the real tracks and drumstracks to endup on internal hard drive, but on one of my externals. WHat is best way to do that?

Thanks for the help!
Hello,

You have a Band-in-a-Box Audiophile hard drive, but you don't want to run Band-in-a-Box from it ... instead you want to run it from your internal Mac drive and have the RealTracks folder on your own external hard drive? Is that correct?

If so, you can run 'Band-in-a-Box Setup.pkg' and on the Installation Type screen, select 'Install BIAB on internal drive', but deselect 'Install RealTracks on internal drive'. This should take about 5-10 min.

Next, you can simply copy the 'RealTracks' and 'Drums' folders from the Audiophile drive to your other external drive. This will take quite a while.
excellent Andrew. Exactly what i need to do.
Thank you sir.
I have a question on the same install option.
I’ve used the option to install the real tracks as well.
From what I understand those are only the compressed versions of the real track.
When I know I want to use a particular real track, how do I make sure my finished product is using the actual “lossless” audiophile version?
For example:
I make a song and am happy with the arrangement and all the tracks… now I want to commit these tracks and use them in a logic session.
Is it going to drag over the compressed “lossy” version, or is it going to drag over the uncompressed “lossless” version?
Thanks for your help,
Steve
Originally Posted By: stevenlynnhall

When I know I want to use a particular real track, how do I make sure my finished product is using the actual “lossless” audiophile version?

As long as the uncompressed RealTrack files are in the folder that your Band-in-a-Box is referencing, then those are the ones that your program would use. That is why it is important to transfer the RealTracks folder and Drums folder from your Audiophile external hard drive, to the drive you wish to run off of. To be sure your program is searching through the correct folder afterwards, you can follow these steps to select a custom RealTracks folder and Drums folder: https://youtu.be/3P5ZEpOwJ9A

When you are finished moving folders and setting up the preferences, open the Style Picker and click the Rebuild button.
Thanks a million
That’s what I assumed I just wanted to be sure.
I thinks it’s going to just be easier to use the provided hard drive and run it from that
Thanks again,
Steve
© PG Music Forums