PG Music Home
Hi,
I have usb midi controller keyboard that works fine with Logic Pro yet for some reason i cant for the life of me get it work or trigger any sounds in BIAB.
When i open the "Big Piano" window it registers input of keys on that but i cant seem to be albe to do anything other than that, no recording of midi notes or chords..unless im missing something really obvious?

thanks in advance!
Well I am a PC guy, but maybe I can get you going... or at lease get discussion moving?

Do you see your keyboard in the Midi Setup. This is my SL88i-Studio Logic. BIAB (PC) recognizes all possible midi-in's from this single board. Two are coming from the USB connection and the third (my preferred selection) comes via my the Midi out of the board to the Audio Express Device.

Be sure all this is up and running before you open BIAB.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
By the way, you will be hearing the keyboard on the "midi thru". I see down the list there is an user reporting there is no sounds from the midi through.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=663458&gonew=1#UNREAD

Perhaps related?
Band-in-a-Box for Mac uses CoreMIDI as a MIDI driver. Look at chapter 14 in the users manual, starting with page 316 for detailed set up instructions.

Description: Apple Ausio/MIDI Setup window.
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Looks like I should stick to the PC forums grin
MusicStudent, Not at all. Like you I also use the Windows or PC version of Band-in-a-Box.

I downloaded the 2021 BiaB for Mac pdf manual from the PG Music +++ Online Manuals +++ section of the Support Center. The Mac manuals are immediately under the PC manuals.

I use the pdf manuals to try and answer simple Mac questions since the Mac section doesn't receive the views and visits the PC section does.

Unfortunately there are significant differences how the Mac and PC operating systems handle audio and MIDI. The Mac and PC BiaB programs also have different features. So, I've found that without having the Mac BiaB manual to use as a resource, it's difficult to provide accurate advice about BiaB for Mac.
© PG Music Forums