PG Music Home
Posted By: rdegucht Render audio for utility track - 08/07/21 05:40 PM
I have a song with additional Realtracks on utility tracks. Is there a way to render the audio on these utility tracks for import in a DAW, or is the option limited to the "main" tracks?

Thanks,

Raoul

(BIAB 2021 for mac)
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Render audio for utility track - 08/13/21 10:48 PM
I have the PC version of BIAB 2021 and to render any individual Utility Track for import into a DAW, I left click my mouse on the desired Utility Track and Drag it to the Drop Box in the upper left corner of the main page to the WAV (uncompressed audio) box. Mac may be worded AIFF rather than WAV but hopefully the action should work the same for rendering Mac Utility Tracks.
Posted By: rdegucht Re: Render audio for utility track - 08/25/21 08:44 AM
Thanks. I just tried and it works for main tracks, but doesn't seem to work for utilities.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Render audio for utility track - 08/25/21 09:28 AM
Sorry it's not working for you. It should work but I don't use Mac so I can't help troubleshoot the problem. Someone from the MAC forum or PG Chat can help you resolve the issue. It makes no sense to have to ability to generate a Utility Track but not be able to export it.

However, until you resolve the issue, you can save the project and go to the folder where the individual tracks are saved on your hard drive and retrieve the files there and drop them into your DAW.
Welcome to the forums, rdegucht! What build are you using? We had just tested in the 2021 build 511 by moving a RealTrack to a Utility track, then click/dragging the Utility to the AIFF section of the drop station. This method of rendering the individual track had worked.

You can download and install build 511 from here: https://www.pgmusic.com/support_macintoshupdates.htm#2021_511

After installing, please open your Style Picker and click the rebuild button.

Alternatively you can render all of your tracks individual, at the same time by clicking the .WAV save button, select Render Tracks to Audio in the menu, and make sure the One file Per Track checkbox is checked.

Attached picture Export_Mid_Wav_render.png
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Render audio for utility track - 08/29/21 04:19 AM
Just drag the track name from the mixer:

Posted By: rdegucht Re: Render audio for utility track - 11/11/21 02:35 PM
Sorry to all who have replied. I had no time to try for some time. But I just tried with the last build (514), and it works. A Mac-related bug, I suppose. 'Time heals all wounds' ;-)

Thanks to all.

Raoul
© PG Music Forums