PG Music Home
Posted By: SaberTooth21 Recorded midi notes disappearing - 08/08/21 08:54 AM
Thanks in advance to anyone who has insights on the following:
Been using BIAB 2021 for Mac for a month now, and still giddy over how cool/musical it is!

I have been using Soloist/Melody tracks alternately to record midi parts for lead melody of a song, and when I get a minute or so into the process, the first phrases I recorded are disappearing. This happened once, and I thought it was user error on my part. But then it happened again...all that's left of the original midi notes are little dots (but no notes that will trigger a sound).

I am using a simple Akai LPK 25 keyboard to input the midi via the Record Midi function, and I have Sforzando as plugin on both tracks, triggering a piano sound for playback.

Is there something obvious I'm missing that is causing the issue? Also, is there a better best-practice approach to using BIAB for midi input?

Thank you!
After recording, freeze the track to be sure that it does not get overwritten the next time you generate the tracks. if this does not help, check to see if there is a build update available. Build updates for mac are posted here, and currently the latest for version 2021 is build 511: https://www.pgmusic.com/support_macintoshupdates.htm
Posted By: SaberTooth21 Re: Recorded midi notes disappearing - 08/09/21 11:07 PM
Thanks, Chantelle, this I will do and report back as need be.
© PG Music Forums