PG Music Home
Posted By: Matt Finley BIAB doesn’t run under iOS, does it? - 08/18/21 07:11 PM
Someone asked a question on the BIAB Facebook page started by Joanne Cooper. I asked what they were running BIAB on and they said iOS.

Is there something I’m missing? I have an old (2014) but nice Mac that I don’t use much and I thought it runs on Mac OS. Has that changed with newer machines?

Thanks.
Posted By: JayO Re: BIAB doesn’t run under iOS, does it? - 08/18/21 08:11 PM
I do still have BIAB ver. 4 (build 5410) on my iPad, and it still shows in the App store for iOS, but it looks like it hasn't been updated in 3 years.

I've never really used it much though, as ironically, it was better integrated with Windows than with the Mac desktop versions.
IIRC I used it mostly for playback, as it didn't have a lot of editing features.

I think the integration issue on Mac had something to do with a PG Windows server background program, that was able to integrate with the iOS version where there was no equivalent on Mac.

Importing songs from the Mac was kind of clunky, where you had to set up an IP server or something, so as I said I never really used it much.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

- Jay
Thanks, Jay. I think you may be referring to the BIAB Remote app? I never had much success with that under Windows. I think my malware software blocks access.
Posted By: JayO Re: BIAB doesn’t run under iOS, does it? - 08/23/21 03:17 PM
Hey Matt,
This is the one I was referring to, I think there is another remote app too, but somehow I want to say that one supposedly is for Windows too.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/band-in-a-box/id397173717

IDK, as I said I never really used it much.

- Jay
There isn't currently a full version of the program available for iOS. If they're referring to the app, we have a tutorial here that may be of use to them:

https://www.pgmusic.com/support.iphone.mac.htm

This app is intended to allow you open and play your existing songs that you've made from your Mac or Window's computer version of Band-in-a-Box. You can see what the limitations are in the link above. There are different limitations for Windows plus the app versus Mac plus the app, so at the top of the page make sure to click the link for the Mac or Windows version. I've linked the Mac + iPhone/iPad app link above seeing as we're in the Mac subforum.

The link that JayO submitted states in the app description as well which says the following::

"Band-in-a-Box for iPhone is a program that works as a client to your existing copy of Band-in-a-Box allowing you to play, generate and transfer your songs to/from your iPhone or iPad.

Important: You need to have the desktop version of Band-in-a-Box for Windows (2011 or higher) to be able to generate / edit songs directly from the iPhone/iPad. However you can download and play existing songs from any Windows or Mac computer."

Hopefully this clarifies!
© PG Music Forums