PG Music Home
Through a forum discussion some months ago I was informed by a PG Music staff person that there was a glitch in the m4A rendering. Since I have a lot of songs saved in this format that are now not accessible and no new song tracks can be saved in this format......When will you fix this glitch? This seemed to happen with the 2021 release. I know we MAC users are at the end of the line when it comes to your service but.....

Maybe the answer is that I should go back to my 2020 version???

Looking forward to your response and more importantly a fix.

Thank You,
Bud
Hi Budmanvet, I rendered 3 tracks only a few days ago as m4a and everything worked fine. I am using the latest version for Mac 2021 (511). What is the problem you have exactly?
Band-in-a-Box® for Macintosh
Version 2021 (514)

File/Save Special
Save Song As .m4a [in Current Folder, for use with iPhone/...etc.]
Results in Error Message: "Render .m4a NOT rendered successfully to disk."

However, a .WAV file was rendered to disk.

I see that this was supposed to be Resolved? How, when?
OK, I just found out from further reading that there is a work-around to the problem I reported (above).

As an alternative, I can use the Audio tab and select 'Render Song To Audio File (WAV, AIFF, M4A)'.
This will successfully write an M4A file to disk.

It does seem that the files are perhaps larger in size (perhaps 2x). Not sure why, but maybe the default sampling/bit rate is different.

Regards, TS
Hi tsimpson, it's great to hear you found a workaround. We are reporting this issue to the development team and it should be fixed in a future update.
We licked this in Beta a couple of times only to have it come back — as it just did in 514. I've no doubt that it will be fixed again.
I'm trying to save the file so I can use it on my iPhone/iPad.
I can confirm that the bug is still there because that's the problem I have.

File/Save Special
Save Song As .m4a [in Current Folder, for use with iPhone/...etc.]
Results in Error Message: "Render .m4a NOT rendered successfully to disk."
When I want to export as .m4a I have always done it this way:

Audio / Render song to audio file, and set the format as .m4a which I then save to my desktop.
They fixed an issue with M4A rendering in the latest patch update. If you're running a 2021 version, try downloading it from here: https://dl11.pgmusic.com/support/mpatch/bb2021_mac_update_build515.pkg
Ok thanks, I will update, I thought build 514 was the last one.
Originally Posted By: serge88
Ok thanks, I will update, I thought build 514 was the last one.

514 is the latest posted on our Support webpage and 515 is currently still in the pre-release stage. But so far it looks promising!
© PG Music Forums