PG Music Home
Posted By: Ramirus BIAB on a crashing loop - 09/12/21 12:49 PM
Hi there,

Today my BIAB (running on Big Sur on a M1 iMac) crashed and now every time I try to re open it, it crashes before even starting.

I tried re installing, deleting the Preferences folder, running it under a different user but the software doesn't want to start again.

Any idea on how to solve it? I sent an email to customer support but it's going to probably take some time to answer back frown

TIA.

R.

Terminal message:

/Applications/Band-in-a-Box/Band-in-a-Box.app/Contents/MacOS/Band-in-a-Box-x64 ; exit;

ramiro-imac:~ RamiroLaptop$ /Applications/Band-in-a-Box/Band-in-a-Box.app/Contents/MacOS/Band-in-a-Box-x64 ; exit;
RBActive=false
Breaking on runtime error #216
Trace/BPT trap: 5
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: BIAB on a crashing loop - 09/15/21 03:29 PM
Hello Ramirus,

It looks like this is installed on your internal drive on the Mac computer, is that correct? If that is correct, when you say you reinstalled, did you delete the entire Band-in-a-Box folder by moving it to trash first to ensure a clean state before the reinstall (if you save any personal song files in there, which we don't necessarily recommend, be sure to move them out of there to a safe location first)? Sometimes just reinstalling the program overtop of an existing copy when the program hasn't be cleared off the system won't fix the issue. Also what version year of the program are you using?

Let us know if you are still needing assistance with this!
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: BIAB on a crashing loop - 09/15/21 06:23 PM
One thing we need to know - what version of Band-in-a-Box are you using? This error message one that tends to happen with the 2019 version, as it is not compatible with Big Sur.

If it's a 2020 or 2021 version, make sure you install the latest update patch: https://www.pgmusic.com/support_macintoshupdates.htm
© PG Music Forums