PG Music Home
Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Nice tutorial and very professional presentation. Thanks for posting.

Charlie
NICE!

Hope to have a video of using bbvst to make songs.
This is a very good instruction video on how to make a general backing track with Band in a Box. It is very easy.

It would also be very useful to have a demonstration/video on how to best make a backing track that emulates as close as possible the backing used I a specific recording by the recording artist for a particular song.

I think many users would find that very interesting. Maybe to have some type of competition forum on how to make the closest and best matching backing track to match the feel a specific recording.

I think many users like myself would find that very useful.

As shown in the video above It is very easy to use Band in a Box to make a general backing track and pick some interesting style and make a mix to have as a backing track to practice playing against.
But I think many of us want to be able to create a backing track that are very -very close to the original recording to practice against.

I am not sure if it is possible. I have yet not been able to make such a backing track. Sometimes a got a bit close and near the feel of the backing that I want, but mostly not close at all.

There is song title search in the style picker that suggests best matching styles for a song. But the styles that comes up in the search are mostly not at all close to the feel of the original song that I am trying to make a backing track for.

I have earlier seen some other posts in this forum mentioned this issue as well.

So maybe there would be of interest to have a forum topic “Who can make the best matching backing track to an original recording of a song” and also to provide a video on the process used.
I love to make my backing tracks and mix them on the fly using the BIAB mixer as I capture the video and audio with Camtasia software. In this video I improvise over a backing track that I mixed on the go as I listened to a BIAB demo. If you have a nice screen capture program you can do this as easy as falling off a log. Makes a cool jam-track to challenge you! https://youtu.be/Qe3730TkvlA
© PG Music Forums