PG Music Home
Posted By: Grateful Fred Mac or Windows - 11/07/21 11:48 AM
Hi, I am just about to buy BIAB for the first time but wondered which version I would best buying as I have both PC's and Mac. The reason I ask is that I've read that Windows might be a better choice for some reason.

And advice would be welcome.
Posted By: mrgeeze Re: Mac or Windows - 11/07/21 12:33 PM
The biggest advantage I see to the win version is the option to use RealBand as your DAW.

Real Band has useful capabilities when linked with BIAB that no other DAW has.

If that is not an issue, imo you can flip a coin.
PG Music has done quite a bit the last few years to make the Mac and Win products almost identical.

I used the PC version for 30 years but for the last year or 2 nothing but the mac version.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Mac or Windows - 11/07/21 12:58 PM
I would purchase the Windows version.

The Windows forum has many more users than the Mac forum so, when you have questions there is a better chance of receiving an accurate response in a timely manner in the Windows forum than in the Mac forum.

The Windows version usually introduces annual update and features six months prior to the same update and features being released in the Mac version.

As mentioned earlier, in addition to Band-in-a-Box the Windows version also includes RealBand.

Obviously the situation is different when a user is already wedded to a specific operating system. In your case, you don't have that limitation so the choice is yours.
Posted By: Grateful Fred Re: Mac or Windows - 11/07/21 04:18 PM
Thanks mrgeeze, I think using RealBand as my DAW might swing it for me.
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Mac or Windows - 11/08/21 11:38 AM
In addition, the Windows version comes out sooner.

I found writing styles on the StyleMaker app better on the Windows version, but to tell the truth, I don't know if the StyleMaker on the Mac has caught up or not.

Notes ♫
Posted By: Grateful Fred Re: Mac or Windows - 11/08/21 04:26 PM
Thanks Notes Norton. I think I'll be going with Windows. Thanks to everyone for the information.
© PG Music Forums