PG Music Home
Posted By: Tonistar double time feel for few bars - 03/31/22 10:28 AM
Hi, I'm trying to set the double time feel in a jazz ballad. I can do that if I select a track (drums and piano for example) for all the song, but I can't do that (and I didn't find a solution) only for a few bars.
In other words if I want to play the A structure (for example first 8 bars) with normal time (80bpm) and then the B (for example from measure 9 to 16) with double time, I can't do that.
I use real tracks and I want to find a solution not for a solo part but for all the instruments that play.
At the moment the only solutions is to export audio track in a DAW and edit time with it but I want to understand if I can do that in biab and with some control

Thank you in advance.
Toni
ps: I have the latest 2021 version of BIAB for MAC.
Tempo changes mid song can be entered in the Bar Settings window.

Attached picture mac_bb_bar_settings_beats_tempo.jpg
Posted By: Tonistar Re: double time feel for few bars - 03/31/22 03:16 PM
Hi thanks but I don't have to change the "tempo" but only the "feeling" in 2 or 4 (it's called double time). The "tempo" of the bar is always the same (does not change). It change only the time internal the beat (that sounds in 8 for example and not in 4, but the metronome is always at the seme value). In Jazz double time is very common in ballad (for example).
Another information. I use realtracks not midi. BIAB has a specific function (double time triple time half time) but not for a small group of measures of only for a part of the structure.
I don't know if now it is more clear.
Thanks
Toni
You can click on a track in the mixer and in the menu go to Track Settings | TimeBase. This enables the Half time, Double time, or Trible time, for the whole track. A workaround would be to load two of the same RealTracks to two separate tracks. Make one Half time and the other Normal, then mute them in different sections of your song in the Bar Settings, or in the Audio Edit window.
Posted By: Guitar55 Re: double time feel for few bars - 05/05/22 03:45 PM
Chantelle, is this still the solution in BIAB 2022?
Originally Posted By: Guitar55
Chantelle, is this still the solution in BIAB 2022?

Yes it is (for the Windows version at least). It's a setting that gets applied to the whole track since it is selected in the menu on the Mixer.
© PG Music Forums