PG Music Home
Here is a video demonstration of how to add a simple kick drum variation to your song in Band-in-a-Box!

This is demonstrated in a Windows version of Band-in-a-Box, but should work the same for the Mac version. Please let us know if there are any issues or anything we can clarify!
is it possible to add fill in after the steady kick?
Yes, if you add a part marker to the bar after the kick drum, right click on the part marker and select | Allow Drum fill for bar before this part marker [normal], it will add a drum fill.

Hope this helps!
Hello All,

I went ahead and applied a few percussion items to a current project of mine as described in the video (using the Hi-Q patch under the Plugins tab).

I saved the file, but when I open the file later, there is no sound from the new track, and the notes I have added in notation mode have disappeared, even though they were there before I saved them. Any suggestions?

Also, when I slide the note up and down within notation mode to locate the right percussion sound (cymbal crash, kick drum etc.), there is any accompanying, simultaneous single-note piano sound that plays each time a slide to a new ledger line. What may that be?

I also occasionally notice a ghost piano sound when I generate new realtracks in the Utility tracks. What may that be?

Thank you,

Tom Marvan
© PG Music Forums