PG Music Home
Posted By: phil T. Bône velocity on midi tracks - 05/14/22 04:48 AM
Hi everyone
I really like the fact of having the possibility of creating piano parts in midi, I find it great to be able to edit them afterwards in the piano roll of logic.
On the other hand I noticed that in the midi files thus created the majority of the notes have a similar velocity, so I have to re-work these velocities in logic to give a little more life.
is it possible to define a midi parameter before exporting to have a more extended dynamic for these files?
one last question :
Are the realtracks recorded in audio AND midi, or is an algorithm doing the work?
in any case, the audio to midi conversion is very efficient.
Posted By: DrDan Re: velocity on midi tracks - 05/14/22 11:16 AM
Quote:
Are the realtracks recorded in audio AND midi, or is an algorithm doing the work?
well, not so much a algorithm for RTs, but will be recorded in midi when possible (e.g., keys), but also RT midi could be manually transcribed.

Look close at the midi in the MidiSuperTracks that is where the true gold is.
Posted By: Jerry - PG Music Re: velocity on midi tracks - 05/16/22 07:31 PM
If you create a MIDI track in Band-in-a-Box then manually adjust the velocity for each of the notes, those adjustments will be saved to that track and should remain with the track if saved and exported. As far as extending the dynamic range of the velocity adjustments upon exporting, I don't know of any program that has that feature.

RealTracks are full recordings, lasting from 1 to 8 bars at a time that Band-in-a-Box rearranges to play to along to your entered chord progression.

We hope this helps!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: velocity on midi tracks - 05/17/22 03:11 PM
+++ HERE +++ is a free VST MIDI plugin that lets you adjust the velocities of MIDI notes.

You can set a minimum and maximum value, and scale the velocity by a specified percentage, which can be randomized.

Use up to 5 different bands, based on either the incoming velocity or the MIDI note number, with different settings for each band.

Description: VeloScaler
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: Jerry - PG Music Re: velocity on midi tracks - 05/17/22 03:29 PM
Jim to the rescue! Thanks for sharing, I learned something new today!
© PG Music Forums