PG Music Home
hi,

when i go to input a chord symbol, i get odd-looking symbols in the chord box directly above the one I'm trying to input the said chord to. the right chord symbol does appear directly afterward, though.
thx,
robbo.

Attached picture BB Mac 2022 - display glitch.jpg
I just tried to replicate that, all works fine for me.
What chord are you trying to input so that we can follow your exact steps?
hi,
ANY chord1!!!
if I type Am7, I'll get similar to the screenshot. - A's of some kind.
seems to be accessing letters from non-English languages - these are in the mac system. wasn't happening before the 2022 upgrade

thx robbo.

Attached picture BB mac 2022 text glitch 2.jpg
Attached picture BB mac 2022 text glitch 2.jpg
Are you using a non-English language keyboard? Does going to Options | Return to Factory Settings help?
nothing has changed except for BB 2022 install.
AND, I've just booted the 32bit version from a coupla years back.
It is working as expected. normal input of chords.
this is definitely a BB mac 2022 glitch.
plz fix it, or I'll have to use the 32bit version.
regards, robbo
Hello robbo,

Try running the installer again to see if that corrects the issue. If not, we will pass this along to our development team to take a look at.
thanks. i'll let you know the result.
robbo.
just checked after re-installing BB 2022.
still has the same text problem.
regards,
robbo.
Originally Posted By: robbo
just checked after re-installing BB 2022.
still has the same text problem.
regards,
robbo.

Can you please include a signature or tell us which Mac OS you are using? Thanks.
hi, it is a mac pro 5.1. running sierra. the BB spec covers this os, and there has never been any trouble with the machine.
cheers, robbo.
I'm running it in Sierra as well and have not seen that issue, so it is not an issue with the OS.

My first thoughts were those already mentioned (the keyboard language and install issues). Not sure what else it might be.

Are you using the default font? I changed the font for the chords years ago, so every update those settings stay the same for me. If you are using the default font, my next guess would be that maybe there is a font ID# conflict with some other font you have installed on your computer...
thx, it could be.....but i really think it is just sloppiness in the rush to get the mac version out, as usual.
very rarely have I been able to update without a problem. i hate it.
I'm sure PG will look into it eventually...........
if a patch is not available soon, I'll have to speak to a PG rep.
money back.
maybe, revert to BB2021? that actually worked from the get-go.
these types of stalls to a person making a living out of music mean either dumping BB, or PG getting their act together for mac.

I'd love to see the BB UI change to something like logic. fewer dialogs, more action.

in the past 3 months, I've d/l'd plenty of other up-to-date apps, of which, none have bugs like BB.
even these company's product downloaders are more streamlined and accurate. toontrack is the best at that, atm.

so I'll just sit here a stew whilst PG get their act together.
robbo.
We have tested a variety of older systems including 'the Sierra's' and have not seen that issue yet. Could you please try factory settings? Close Band-in-a-Box, duplicate the Band-in-a-Box/Preferences folder to make a backup of it, then delete the files from Band-in-a-Box/Preferences. Launch Band-in-a-Box again and see if the same thing is happening. Please let us know.
I'm having the same issue. I'm running an iMac with OS Monterey 12.4
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
We have tested a variety of older systems including 'the Sierra's' and have not seen that issue yet. Could you please try factory settings? Close Band-in-a-Box, duplicate the Band-in-a-Box/Preferences folder to make a backup of it, then delete the files from Band-in-a-Box/Preferences. Launch Band-in-a-Box again and see if the same thing is happening. Please let us know.

I figured out what the problem is. Deleting the preferences gets rid of the odd above symbols but when you go to display options. There's a glitch when you try to change the chord font to 'Jazz Chord Symbols' or 'PG Chords' it acts weird. It blanks out the chord and only shows you the extension and then when you hit return or the arrow key to go to the next chord everything looks normal again. This makes it kind of difficult to see what chord you're actually entering.

Quote:
I figured out what the problem is. Deleting the preferences gets rid of the odd above symbols but when you go to display options. There's a glitch when you try to change the chord font to 'Jazz Chord Symbols' or 'PG Chords' it acts weird.

Thanks for posting. Yes, we can duplicate that issue and will fix. Switching to another font such as Bigband or Realscore is a workaround.
Hi Andrew,

Thanks so much for reading my reply. Looking forward to an update.

-Bruce
This is fixed in build 604 which can be downloaded here.
Originally Posted By: Blake - PG Music
This is fixed in build 604 which can be downloaded here.

Thanks so much for the quick fix,

Bruce
Glad that this issue was fixed! Would you mind marking this thread as [Resolved]? Thanks!
© PG Music Forums